Salary: £36-40,000 PA + Excellent Benefits Package
Working Hours: Monday to Friday - 7.30am to 4.30pm
Holidays: 25 days plus statutory days
Location: Lasham, Hampshire
Our client operates the largest onshore gas storage facility in the UK, a top tier COMAH site. Currently on offer is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Mechanical Technician to come and join their team.
- The Mechanical Technician will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and/or Shift Supervisor/Superintendent.
- Identifying, scheduling, carrying out and the recording of routine and non-routine mechanical maintenance checks.
- Carrying out the routine servicing of pumps, valves, motors, air compressors etc.
- Assisting/carrying out vendor specified routine maintenance.
- Removal and monitoring of pipeline corrosion systems.
- Maintaining of all site services in good working order and applicable to safe working practices.
- Where possible and available, responding to 24-hour call outs or giving advice on plant breakdowns outside normal working hours.
- Carrying out of general housekeeping to ensure facilities are maintained clean and tidy and free of preventable hazards.
- Assist other technicians or operational staff as necessary or advised and being able to exhibit a general understanding of the process, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation systems and their working.
- Carrying out equipment isolations to permit requirements to ensure that equipment is safe to perform maintenance on.
- Assisting during the installation and commissioning of new plant facilities.
- Working alongside specialist vendor service engineers, to provide assistance as required ensuring equipment servicing proceeds in a timely and efficient manner and to acceptable standards.
- Liaising and supervising contractors, whilst working on company sites, to ensure they fulfil the requirements of the issued permit and perform their work to acceptable standards.
- Through training seminars and liaison with equipment suppliers, obtain knowledge of the equipment relating to maintenance requirements and techniques to enhance the efficiency and quality of the in-house servicing performed.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
The Mechanical Technician shall possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience on equipment related to the installed mechanical facilities.
- Served a mechanical apprenticeship or hold a minimum of NVQ level 3.
- The ability to work on their own or with others, with the minimum of supervision and to assume overall responsibility for the carrying out of routine and non-routine maintenance tasks.
- An understanding of the workings of the oil and gas industry
- Hold a current valid UK driving licence and be PC literate.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and would like to apply for this fantastic opportunity, please click the apply button to submit your CV.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Keywords: Mechanical technician, mechanical maintenance, maintenance engineer, oil and gas engineer, site engineer, mechanical vacancies,