Exciting opportunity to make a difference for a young lady in Chorley Lancashire UKCIL Job Reference: 3fd47f96
Exciting opportunity to make a difference.
Job Ref c11363d4 /AH/Lancs
The Job: A Fantastic opportunity to join the Health and social care Sector in 2-1 Personal
Care and Support
Hours of work: Variable hours available across college and school holidays.
Salary: £9.50- per hour, enhanced rate for agreed bank holidays. 5.6 paid holidays,
pension scheme, training and development encouraged and funded.
We are looking for people who are caring, kind, fun and have a positive attitude to life to
work with a lovely young lady who lives at home with her family in Chorley, Lancashire. The
young lady has a range of care and support needs, and her care team helps her with these,
so that she can live a fulfilling and fun life, in spite of her health condition.
We are looking for the right attitude, and are willing to invest in training the right candidate.
We will offer you accredited training in both clinical and non clinical skills and the
opportunity to train and develop your career further in return for your commitment to
taking great care of our lovely young lady!
We would like the right person to join our team in the duties below:
● Plan and support the young lady to do chosen activities outdoors
● Provide full support with personal care including bathing, hair
washing/brushing, cleaning teeth, cutting nails, choosing appropriate clothing to
suit the weather and occasion, dressing and undressing.
● Feeding assistance with diet.
● Support with all moves and transfers - the young lady has some mobility and
you will be trained in her safe moving and handling
● Managing incontinence, pad changes
● Monitor and maintain skin integrity
● Support with attending/assisting family in attending the young ladies medical
Clinical Duties include:
● Moving and Handling - Training provided
● Administration of medication and record keeping
● VSN (Vagus nerve stimulation) Training provided
● Epilepsy awareness, support and rescue medication
● Gastrostomy care
Ideally you will have a driving licence, though it is not essential!
You will be required to undergo a full DBS, this will be at a cost to the employerServices
- Meal Preparation
- Personal Care
- Domestic Care
- Administrating Medication
- Social + Leisure activities
- Can drive a motability equipped car