Toyota are currently offering a fantastic opportunity as an Senior Market Area Accountant to join our business based out of our Edgware dealership.
As the Senior Market Area Accountant, you will be responsible for all the financial activity of your specific Retail Outlet. You will be required to review all other Group Retail Outlets, Management Accounts, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, and ensure that the company’s basic accounting principles, and polices, are applied consistently across the Group.
You should have experience working within a fast moving, dynamic, commercial environment, and should possess a strong character which questions and challenges financial information. You must have a background of working within Auditing and be keen to develop and progress.
This role would be ideal for an experienced Chartered Accountant who has is looking for the next step in their career, or a Finance Manager looking to grow and develop within one of the UK’s best brands.
What We need
- You will be required to work closely with the Group Financial Controller, and other Group Senior Management to help identify areas of financial underperformance, inconsistency of processes and practices, and develop the quality of financial reporting across the Group
- Preparing monthly Accounts (financial and management) in line with accounting standards, ensuring P&L and Balance Sheet are accurately reflecting the business
- Revenue and expenses are correctly reflected monthly with appropriate accruals and provisions made
- Balance sheets accounts are reconciled and provisions are made in line with UK accounting standards and company policy monthly
- Reconciliation of commission, bonus and holdbacks are carried out monthly (staff, TGB/LGB)
- Creditors/Debtors & Stock are reviewed weekly to ensure minimum risk to the business with appropriate provisions and depreciation
- Preparing financial forecast in conjunction with the Branch GM, identifying performance trends for the balance of the month by division
- Produce branch budgets annually
- Provide relevant reporting to support adhoc queries raised by the GMs
- Work closely with the teams to drive operational and cost efficiencies/savings.
- Provide supporting documentation for External/Internal audits as required
- Ad hoc projects/activities (e.g. annual physical inventory count; report prepared for auditors.)
- Ensure staff carries out their duties to the required standard
- Oversee and train staff to the necessary level of skill
- Reviewing other centre’s monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Management Accounts and challenge where appropriate
- Qualified ACCA/ACA accountant with post at least 3 years post qualified experience
- Must have a background in Auditing
- First-hand experience of planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Prior knowledge using IBM reporting application, such as Controller, BI, TM1, SAP or Oracle
- Advance Excel skills (writing formulas & macros and creating pivot tables)
- Ability to deliver results in an accurate and timely manner
- Interpret financial data and present in a meaningful manner to non-financial managers
- Display good commercial acumen
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, providing support to cross-functional areas within their market areas
- Display good customer service skills
- Have the drive and determination to succeed and progress
What We Offer
- Excellent basic salary
- Management training pushing you through the ranks
- Bonus scheme
- Fun, Friendly working environment
- Modern work environment with top facilities
- Real career progression based around your aspirations
- Market leading benefits including healthcare, pension, childcare and company lease scheme
- Company Car
About our business
Jemca Car Group is one of the UKs largest Toyota and Lexus dealerships, employing over 500 employees across sites in Greater London and Thames Valley. Owned by Toyota Tsusho Corporation, a global brand made up of over 428 companies with particular expertise in the automotive sector, we are specialists in our field and are committed to ensuring our customers receive the best experience and service when they visit one of our retail centres.
If you’re a professional looking for a role with realistic career progression within a business that promotes positive change and development this is the role for you. Apply online now or contact our Recruitment Team.