As an R&D Trials Agronomist you’ll assist with the completion of R+D trials for the Agricultural, Horticultural and Amenity Industries in line with client requirements and aid the Project Manager in managing all R&D trials activities in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ensuring compliance to all industry standards and SGS quality system to ensure consistency in our services
- Ensuring client confidentiality at all times and following the correct SGS and client protocols
- Work with Project Manager and clients to generate data and ensure agreed internal and external deadlines are met.
- Suggest improvements to current operations so that the department can maximise profitability and efficiency
- Marking out field trials at suitable sites on farms in compliance to the relevant standards
- Correct preparation, application and handling of chemicals for application to ensure successful trials and the H&S of employees, clients and the public
- Gathering and accurately recording trials data for presentation and reporting to clients to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and secure repeat business.
- To carry out efficiently and safely sampling, assessing and harvesting of the field trials.
- Assist the Project Manager with the maintenance and upkeep to field trials to ensure trial objectives are met and all growers are satisfied with the condition of their fields.