42.5 hrs per week, 6am starts
2 weeks days / 2 weeks nights
Working in a busy manufacturing & production area, for a large engineering site based in Greenwich, London, you will be reporting to your department Supervisor.
Working in a team of Inspectors to ensure efficient, safe and accurate test and inspection of electronic sub-assemblies, assembled units, kit, components and in-coming goods.
You will be directly responsible for ensuring quality of high-quality products for our external customers.
Previous experience is essential; however, this may be your first role within the fibre-optics industry.
These roles offer an opportunity to join a world-renowned company, who are specialists in their field.
- Undertake visual inspection of assembled articles, manufactured by on site operators, ensuring all ESD product disciplines are adhered to and products are correctly built and tested.
- Liaising with other departments and Supervisors to ensure the timely build and transfer of your product.
- Following Engineering diagrams to ensure Operators have adhered to written instructions.
- High precision soldering
- Ability to electrically wire units
- Provide a professional, courteous and efficient service to our internal customers.
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- Ensuring all company safety, health and quality systems are followed.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- The ideal candidate would be IPC Certified
- IT competent.
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, safe working practices.
- Previous manufacturing, production, technical or engineering experience would be desirable
- Good communication skills and customer focused.
- Previous Soldering experience