Service Manager Bromley PMLD Services
Golden Lane, Bromley, BR4 9RD
Full-time post - 38 hours per week
Salary £33,189 per annum
Job Ref: TMBR
Outward is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Service Manager to lead our Bromley services for people with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) and complex health needs. The services consist of 3 bungalows within the same locality for 11 people. The aim of the service is to enable the people we support to enjoy a good quality of life maximising independence and skills progression where possible.
The Service Manager would take the lead on sourcing and assessing referrals and recruiting and developing the staff team, creating a culture of positive behaviour support within a personalised environment, embedding PMLD standards, achieving and progressing good outcomes with the people we support. As well as managing the service safely within the regulations and standard required by CQC.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
* QCF Level 5 in Leadership for Health and Social Care, or equivalent or willingness to gain a qualification
* A minimum 2 years' experience of delivering person centred support to people with a learning disability
* A minimum of 1 years' experience of managing a service for people with a learning disability preferably gained in a PMLD/complex health setting
* Have excellent communication skills and be able to build positive relationships with external partners
* Experience of staff management and the ability to lead and develop a large team ensuring staff are appropriately trained
* Experience of carrying out needs assessments and creating support and risk management plans for people with complex needs
* The ability to deliver the service in accordance with an individual support plans, the service specification and CQC requirements
* A commitment to providing high quality, personalised active support
* Knowledge of managing a budget is desirable
Outward has a comprehensive selection of benefits including:
* Computing Scheme
* Credit Union Scheme
* Cycle-to-Work Scheme
* Death in Service Benefit
* Health Assured - Employee Assistance Programme
* Eye care Vouchers
* Flu Jab Reimbursement
* Long Service Awards
* Pension Scheme
* Purchase Additional Annual Leave
* Refer-a-Friend Scheme
* Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people for over 40 years. Set up by parents of children with a disability looking for alternatives to institutional care, our aim is to support people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, accept responsibilities and develop as individuals.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude for the role please click 'Apply' to be redirected to Outward Housing's recruitment site.
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on 14th June 2020.
Interviews will be held on 30th June 2020
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: