PETA Ltd Training and Consultancy are recruiting for an Apprentice Technical Support Engineer to work at the following company.
The company have trained and developed technical apprentices who now hold key positions within business. They pride themselves on providing support and opportunities to allow people to develop to their full potential. The business is focused on offering customers the best possible product solutions to technical specifications, this is followed by first class support after installation.
You will gain experience in all engineering departments of the business and become proficient in the commissioning/testing of control equipment and the design and testing of control panels. You will also learn how to configure PC based graphic supervisors which are used to monitor and control heating, hot water and ventilation plant in a building.
Duties will include:
- Monday - Friday
- 08:00 - 16:00
- 37.5 hours per week
- Gain a good understanding of the company's manufacturing and installation activities
- Interpret inbound information provided by the engineering team
- Plan and obtain all the resources required to undertake the work activity
- Carry out the required tests and checks including performance, quality and compliance using the correct procedures and processes
- Support internal and external customers with technical data and support at the appropriate times
- Solve engineering problems using a logical approach to problem solving using approved diagnostic methods and techniques
- Deal promptly and effectively with engineering problems
- Be responsible and demonstrate resilience whilst applying a disciplined approach working diligently at all times
- Learn how to programme and configure PC based graphic supervisors
- You will enjoy communicating with others and working collaboratively
- You will possess a good logical approach to problem solving
- Be objective when making decisions
- Have an awareness of H&S issues regarding working
- The ability to understand and act on technical information is desirable
- Customer facing skills will be beneficial
- Good attention to detail
- Accept personal responsibility for managing time and workload
- Be focused, self-motivated, trustworthy with a team player mentality
- Be organised with ability to plan activities
- Be able to anticipate possible problems in advance
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be personally responsible
- Be able to demonstrate resilience
- 4 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalents) to include Maths, English (and Physics preferable)
- Any engineering experience or qualifications will be looked upon favorably
- 20 days paid holiday plus 8 statutory days holiday
- Allowances for site visits
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme (once you meet the qualification criteria)
- Free onsite parking
- The company want to re-establish a robust apprenticeship programme and are committed to producing a skilled and motivated workforce.
- They also want to develop their apprentices with a view to building a diverse, experienced and qualified workforce with progression routes available within the business for the right candidate.
Things to consider:
Please note all applicants will be required to attend a pre-entry interview with PETA before an application can be progressed.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Please be aware that this rate changes every year on 1 April and reference should be made to The Government Website for further information.
Training to be provided
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. The majority of skills development training in years 2, 3 and 4 will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will work towards the following qualifications:
- You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship. This will include 18 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 Engineering (Foundation Competence) qualification.
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Maintaining electronic equipment/systems
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Conducting business improvement activities
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- General turning, milling and welding applications
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
You will also achieve Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if you have not already achieved C+ or a Grade 4+ in these disciplines).