Our client is a major office furniture manufacturer. They are looking to employ a business development manager to increase sales with an allocated number of clients in the North of the UK.
The role of the business development manager will include:
- Market and sell brand products according to the company’s business plan.
- From soft seating, acoustics, to ergonomic task chairs.
- To ensure that the area runs according to the company’s business plan, policy and budget.
- To ensure that all related brands are promoted and protected within the territory in accordance with the company’s guidelines and policy
- Develop a strong and healthy area coverage of Dealer network.
- Suggest and implement activity plans for Dealers in the area in order to enhance sales.
- Use allocated budget in the most effective way for activities such as campaigns, educational days, etc.
- Ensure that all market material available is used and distributed as intended, and documented in CRM.
- Ensure that all brands and products are prominently displayed according to policy.
- Actively promote our ranges towards the end user, dealers, A&D
- Actively work and promote our brands with our dealers, through joint meetings with end users and other related activities, targeting FM & Project managers, physios, specifiers, or any other groups that should be targeted in the area, to ensure a positive development.
- Responsibility to implement and execute any sales strategy and plans that are established within the company in the area.
- Ensure that a good service is offered to all clients at all times.
- Keep track of sales and market development within the dealers in the area.
- Regularly report on any market developments and actives done within the area (mainly through the company’s CRM system) and UK Country Manager.
- Educate dealers and ambassadors on our products and its philosophy.
- Ensure that the work load is planned in such a way as to achieve a high level of productivity and cost efficiency.
- Follow established price and credit policy.
- Ensure that any software and tools developed for the department are used as intended.
- Proven track record in similar role is a must
- An absolute structured grafter
- Sales is your passion
- Well organised with clear understanding on how to organise the agenda and visit cycle
- Sound industry knowledge along with the ability to demonstrate market awareness an advantage
- Accurate and concise in both oral and written English language along with strong IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel/ /PPT etc. Experience of working with CRM system an advantage.
- Proven ability to negotiate on a director level
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise workload along with a commitment to quality and customer focus
- Salary of £50,000 (dependent on experience)
- Travel expenses
- Pension Scheme
- Gym Contribution