This position would be ideal for candidates from the following backgrounds: Carer, Home Carer, HCA, Support worker, care manager, care supervisor, care assistant, homecare worker, domiciliary care worker, home support worker and healthcare assistant, and someone with no experience looking for a new career in social care.
If you are looking for a career that offers a chance to make a difference in your community with flexibility and hours that suit your lifestyle this could be that role for you, whatever your age.
Job overview ' a new career in social care
- The role of the Care Assistant is to perform duties and tasks to enable customers to live within the comfort of their own homes in a safe and secure way and to provide a high level of care which promotes dignity, respect and choice and helps then to remain as independent as possible.
- Our customers' needs may range from companionship and domestic support to personal care. The care will be delivered according to Bluebird Care's policies and procedures, agreed standards, and legislative requirements as directed by the management staff in the company to ensure a high quality of support is delivered at all times by the care staff.
What the role involves ' do you have what it takes?
- Delivering personal care in line with the customer's bespoke support plan which is agreed and set out before care is delivered. Full training and support to undertake the duties within this role based on the Care certificate regulations and delivered within the guidelines set out in our policies and procedures.
- Assisting a customer to get up, Washing, bathing, showering, oral care, grooming
- Toileting including assisting with the use of a commode
- Continence management
- Assistance with eating if required
- Assisting with prescribed medication
- Use of moving and handling equipment (after training) if a customer is unable to mobilise on their own.
- Working closely with other care professionals such as District Nurses and GPs
- Assisting customers to go to bed, including undressing and washing
- Be reliable and understand the necessity of not letting the customer, colleagues or the Company down at short notice and leaving customers vulnerable.
- Recording and reporting
- To write and maintain accurate records of care on a daily basis.
- To accurately complete Medication Administration Records (MAR charts) in accordance with policies and procedures where this is part of the care plan (once fully trained).
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Meal preparation and cooking
- Accompanying customers to appointments
- Light domestic tasks and general household duties such as cleaning, bed making, laundry and ironing
- Social excursions
- To report to the Team Leader or Supervisor if there are any changes or causes of concern in a customer's condition.
We are an outstanding Domiciliary Care provider where nothing is more important than helping people live full, independent and dignified lives within the comfort of their own homes. We have an excellent reputation in the area, built up by providing the best staff to our customers and delivering the best care support. We provide full training and will support you to gain a diploma or apprenticeship in Adult Social Care Level 2 and 3.
Interested? Then send us your CV and we will consider you for the first round of interviews.
Please Call 01323 727903 or 01435 512121
Due to the nature of this role you must have a drivers licence and Own Car to use for work.
- To be able to commit to and attend all customer visits
- To be able to cope with emergency and difficult situations and seek solutions
- To be able to communicate effectively and develop effective working relationships with colleagues, families, customers, etc
- To be able to maintain high standards of care provision with compassion and empathy
Do you have these characteristics?
- Genuine care, compassion and empathy
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Hold a driving licence and have access to a car
- Good understanding of what the role entails
- Ability to follow instructions
- Responsible and able to work unsupervised
- Able to cope under pressure
- Flexible availability
- Ability to reside in a customer's home for an extended period (Essential for Live-in Care only)
Wage and benefit details:-
- We pay from £9.20 weekdays and £10.10 weekends plus travel time bonus (add 8% to 15% on to wages).
- A generous mileage allowance between home visits is also paid
- Hours of work range from 0700 to 2200
- F/T and P/T hours, or weekends only available
- We offer sleeping and waking nights
- Pension Plan
- Bonus's and rewards
- Free training
- Free Uniforms
- Paid Induction week up to £250 (after passing probationary assessment)
- Free Healthcare scheme for staff and dependants