ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Contract Administrator, to be based at Belthorn House, Walker Park, Blackburn BB1 2QE. This is a permanent full-time role, working 37 hours per week, Mon-Fri 8:30 am-16:30 pm,or 08:30 am to 5:00 pm. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package. General Overview:
The role of the Contract Administrator is an integral communication role, which requires a considerable amount of organisation to enable successful delivery of the Commercial Sector Objectives. It is essential that all work is completed to a high standard and excellent working standards are obtained throughout. There will be an element of helpdesk and administration support incorporated within this role to allow for a full understanding of the business. The role requires dual initiatives with regards working alone or as part of a functioning team. This is a fast-paced role which encompasses multiple functions; excellent organisational skills and communication are paramount and will be vital in this complex role. Working as part of a small team to provide Contract Administration Support across numerous contracts within the UK. Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· The guide below is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required
· Proficient IT skills; with the ability to use various computer packages confidently, including SAP, Planon, Excel and Word.
· Preparation of monthly applications, detailing contract spend on breakdown works and extra to contract works.
· Ensure invoices are received and Goods Receipted in the appropriate manner using COUPA.
· Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors, chasing outstanding invoices for completed works.
· Responsible for generating the contracts monthly invoices for the customer, including all material costs and sub contract costs.
· Weekly timesheet data upload onto SAP for all engineers within the Peel portfolio.
· Monthly Purchase card log, ensuring captured data is accurate and matches the monthly purchase card invoice.
· Helpdesk Support - Creating and closing planned work task sheets within the Planon system, raising reactive and remedial works job sheets on the same system.
· Releasing of PPM’s from the Planon system and allocating to the relevant engineers.
· Collating all relevant reporting information and contract cost spend to enable the generating of the contract’s monthly customer report.
· Excellent Communication, dealing with all levels of management, customers and suppliers internal and external.
· Reviewing weekly WIP – working with various Managers reporting on and keep a running log with reasons for not billing / closing.
· Provide support where necessary across various Peel contracts, ensuring relevant documentation and financial information is at hand for customer meetings/reports.
· Travel to operational site may be required as part of the role
· Any other ad-hoc duties that may arise
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Previous experience in a similar role · Understanding of FM Business · GCSE’s minimum Grade C in English and Maths · Highly proficient user of all MS Office Applications including Word, Excel · A working knowledge of SAP, Planon and Coupa – desirable · A professional and courteous manner is required always; ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, managers and customers. · Excellent organisational skills; the ability to manage and organise heavy workloads, prioritising relevant business needs. · Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to understand and liaise with others. · Able to work effectively as part of a team or independently utilising their own initiative.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
Additional Information · Posting Date: Aug 12, 2019