· Location Basingstoke, Hampshire · Category Transport & Logistics - Transport & Logistics · Job type Temporary · Industry Industrial and Manufacturing · External Reference STORECO
We are looking to recruit into the role of Maintenance Stores Controller. The role currently operates on part time hours 30 hours a week.
Reporting into the Reliability Manager, this role exists to manage the spare parts and inventory control, parts ordering and receiving and administration of the computerised inventory system.
Candidates require good attention to detail and be able to follow instructions and processes accurately. Candidates must be computer literate and fluent in English as some ordering and communicating with parts suppliers is a key part of the role.
Candidates must hold a valid UK driving licence as the role requires driving of the company van on a daily basis.
The role will work regular days Monday to Friday 9am - 3pm (hours negotiable).
In this support role you will be responsible for performing administration tasks for the Reliability team primarily running the day to day operations of the maintenance stores function.
To succeed, you will need to have an ability to follow processes accurately, transacting orders through the various systems, as well as dealing with suppliers and ordering one-off parts following instruction from Technicians. You will be responsible for controlling stock levels within stores, cycle counting and rectifying stock issues within the stores, as well as general administration tasks such as adding new items to the stores system, altering stores layout to be more effective, etc.
You will need to work regular days Monday to Friday.
· Using the Computerised Maintenance Monitoring System and other systems to manage the stores.
· Ordering parts, materials and components directly from the various suppliers, both standard inventory items and one-off orders, using various systems and processes to do so.
· Tracking status off orders, receiving goods and checking accuracy to orders and chasing orders where necessary.
· Cycle counting stores inventory items and generally ensuring the condition of stores is maintained to a high standard.
· Role model our 5 Principles, maintain the day to day standards & behaviours.
· Any other reasonable tasks as assigned to you by a manager
· Driving of the company van will be required on a daily basis to transport goods and materials between our two factories.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
· Experience with stock control and inventory management is beneficial
· Ability to follow processes accurately with a high attention to detail is essential.
· Confident telephone manner as the role involves dealing with suppliers on a daily basis.
· Positive approach, seeing solutions rather than problems
· Strong work ethic and drive for results
· Computer literate, conversant with email, Microsoft Office packages, etc.
· Competent in manual handling
· Can-do attitude
· Requires UK Driving Licence
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy