We are recruiting Full Time and Part Time,
Qualified Nursery Nurses to join our team, holding a minimum
Level 2 in childcare or equivalent, with in house opportunities to
achieve Level 3 and beyond.
We are excited to be growing our amazing team for our unique
nursery in South Bristol and with our second Bristol nursery opening
later this year, we can offer great opportunities for career
progression for the right candidates.
North Street Nursery has a capacity for 90 children and is
located on a popular high street in a refurbished building with an
unusual outdoor terrace garden. Opened in November 2018 we have a
growing requirement to add to our team, with an in house training
provider to add to your Childcare Qualifications at work as well as
great staff benefits.
This individual will have passion and enthusiasm for safeguarding
children and delivering high standards of care.
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Ideally 1 years experience in a childcare setting.
- A great understanding of the EYFS.
- A passion and enthusiasm for childcare.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Good timekeeping, organisation and reliability.
This is an opportunity to bring your own skills and experience to
deliver something diverse and remarkable.
We offer a leading and rewarding staff benefits package:
- Leading Salaries in Childcare.
- Staff Bonus Scheme.
- 6 Weeks Annual Holiday, including Christmas and New Year Off.
- Electronic Rota allowing swaps and requests.
- In house training, delivering new and enhanced qualifications to
help secure your progression.
- First Bus Travel Card - When you travel to work by bus, we'll pay
for it! First West of England provide a travel card across Bristol
and Bath, 7 days a week.
- PerkBox - a platform designed to enrich the employee experience,
both inside and outside of work, with thousands of everyday
discounts and offers.
- PerkBox Medical - Book appointments and speak to a fully qualified
UK private GP within minutes, wherever you are.
Please note this is a Full Time position.
Full-time 40 hours per week between the hours of 7:30am & 6:30pm
Monday - Friday
Opportunities to work a 4 day week.
A probationary salary applies.
Enhanced DBS check will be carried out and previous references must
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide and maintain a high quality service to children working
as part of a staff team to meet children’s individual needs.
Children and Families:
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with children and families.
- To assist with the planning and delivery of a wide range of
activities to meet children’s needs.
- To work within the EYFS and promote high standards of care for the children.
- To assume responsibility for key children and ensure their
developmental needs are met, accurately recorded and learning
diaries are up to date.
- To help maintain a child-centered environment.
- To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to
planning and evaluation in the setting.
- To maintain children’s safety and well being at all times during
attendance at the play setting and on trips to external facilities.
- To take any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of
children and to report any concern immediately to the Nursery Manager.
- To ensure good communication with staff, parent’s and carers.