Housekeeping / Laundry Assistant
- Part-Time or Full-Time (working alternate weekends)
- Brook House, Towcester, Northamptonshire
- Salary £8.72 per hour with Paid Breaks
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Brand New Luxury 53 Bed Home Brook House in Towcester opening end of August 2020. This role will be starting with us July to get the home ready for opening!
Caring Homes prides itself on providing a warm and homely environment for our elderly residents, and our Domestic Team is key to achieving this at Brook House.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Domestic Housekeeper in our elderly nursing home with Dementia, Nursing and Residential Units. This is a role that is central to the daily lives of our residents and their families, so a caring nature and good people skills are essential alongside a practical ability.
- Our home is our residents home, so your role in keeping it clean and tidy to a high standard is very important ensuring a clean and welcoming environment for the residents, guests and visitors. You will work part of a friendly team, where will be responsible for carrying out all cleaning duties as a Housekeeper within this 70 bed luxury nursing home
- You’ll make sure daily and deep cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard within the homes communal areas together with the resident’s bedrooms all with en-suites, complying with infection control guidelines.
- It’s important that you respect the privacy and individual needs of the residents. It’s a rewarding role and a supportive workplace where everyone works together.
At Caring Homes we are a well-established care organisation that provides a safe and homely environment where the unique needs of individuals are recognized and skilled staff is available. To ensure this we offer training and development for all staff to ensure that service standards are achieved.
- Clean and sanitize rooms including furnishings in assigned work areas
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout all facilities
- Demonstrate an understanding of age specifics, cultural, and ethnic needs for patients and customers that have language barriers, physical and mental impairments, learning disabilities, and those dealing with emotional stress
- Will need to demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision
- Must have ability to do extensive standing, bending, lifting, and pulling carts and equipment
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Experience of working within a similar domestic environment and have good knowledge of Health & Safety. You'll have previous experience/knowledge in cleaning and have good record keeping skills.
- You be an effective team player and be able to work as part of a team.
- Good Communication Skills, where you will be able to engage easily with residents in conversation and meaningful occupation related to their lifestyle choices at a level and pace that values the individual and respects their dignity and communication differences.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to maintain high levels of hygiene within the workplace
If you want be part of this exciting new journey and join our family at Brook House, we’d love to hear from you! Please contact Matt Hicks on 07747898123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this fantastic opportunity further.
** We will be holding interviews via Skype for all applicants successfully shortlisted **
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.