The role is to be primarily responsible for the Cleaning Provision, in all aspects across contracts in South of the country (excluding central London)
The role may be involved in specific projects nationally e.g. multi-site mobilisations if and as required.
The local office for this post is the Sidcup office. Hours of work are 40 per week – and will involve the occasional evening, night and weekend shift as required to meet business needs as well as travel to sites across the South
Ensuring that the Company maximises contract profitability and minimises contract losses through the delivery of a consistently high standard of customer service which meets the contract specification. The role will also be responsible for the ongoing sustainability and improvement of the contracts under themselves and those direct reports.
Daily management of a large customer base in the South of England. Primary requirements are:E
- Ensure that the cleaning specification for each contract is fully implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure that a consistently high standard of cleaning service is delivered.
- Undertake customer visits to build client relationships and ensure satisfaction with the cleaning service.
- Ensure all customer queries and complaints are recorded and dealt with in a timely and effective manner and that the client is kept fully informed of any action taken.
- Identify opportunities for new business, additions to daily cleaning services and non-contractual work.
- Review the running of contracts to identify ways in which productivity can be improved whilst maintaining cleaning standards under the guidance of the Sector Director.
- Control and reduce labour turnover by effective recruitment and training.
- Ensure all employees are correctly trained in accordance with Axis Induction and Training Policy and recording of details.
- Plan staffing requirements for periodic work.
- Identify and take corrective action on variations to budget hours as guided by the Sector Director.
- Process all client purchase order numbers for non-contractual work for budget holders.
- Manage and document purchase order numbers for janitorial goods and confirm with Accounts Department for invoicing.
- Monitor and review the performance of cleaning operatives / supervisors to ensure high standards are delivered and maintained.
- Ensure that all Company Policies and Procedures are fully implemented, adhered to and communicated.
- Reporting of Accidents, Incidents and Near Misses in line with the Axis H&S Policy.
- Resolve any disciplinary and welfare issues in line with Company Policy.
- Communicate company information to cleaning operatives and supervisors.
- Ensure payroll information is processed quickly and accurately each month.
- Process holiday requests for Sector Employees.
- Complete all contractual administration as appropriate and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure site supplies and equipment are ordered/delivered in a timely fashion within budget.
- Ensure all site based equipment is in good working order and/or arrange for repairs or replacements.
- Seek to develop business with existing clients and extend the range of services supplied.