Need to know
Chard is a lovely market town in Somerset, nestled near the Devon border. Our Boots store has a fast paced pharmacy environment due to the population of 13,000 residents. With the colleagues boasting more than 120+ years experience combined, this is no bother for them. The colleagues take pride in knowing the majority of their patients by name, due to the close-nit community and being local residents themselves. The store is extremely proud to have an ACPT with over ten years experience, combined from running independent pharmacies herself and working for Boots. We are looking for a Pharmacist that would like to join our highly experienced and welcoming team, to help us serve the local residents of Chard.
For this location, we can offer an enhanced, bespoke reward package to suit your personal circumstances.
"I have worked for Boots for over 20 years, it all began with a summer placement - it was my first time working and what a revelation! It was quick to see that Boots was a trusted name in the pharmaceutical world and therefore a point of reference for others to follow.
Career opportunities within the company are varied and support for career progression is well laid out, I have progressed from a Pre-Registration Pharmacist into management."
- Bisola Sonoiki
Store 1419 Swindon About Boots
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For almost 170 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.What you can expect:
As a Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying that you’ll be providing excellent customer and patient care it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
What’s in it for you?
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business and have been since we opened our first pharmacy 170 years ago. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do. We have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
What’s next for you?
- Competitive base salary
- Market leading pension contributions
- Annual performance based bonus
- 33 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Bespoke location benefits that could include relocation support, location allowance, location honorarium (dependent on location)
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- GPHC fees paid
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Access to our benefits platform such as cycle to work, child care vouchers, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
Click here to explore how your Pharmacy career can progress with us…Career Progression:
You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.Variety:
With the opportunity to work in the community, in local health centres, care services and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love, in a store that you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients, customers, and your team.What you need:
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, patients, customers and external local professionals
- Have a passion for community pharmacy and providing the best care for our customers.
- Have a love of working collaboratively with a team-centred approach
- Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Role model communication skills; you will hold excellent face to face interactions to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in pharmacy