We are seeking to appoint from January 2021 or earlier if possible an outstanding, enthusiastic and inspirational practitioner to assist in contributing to our highly committed Social Sciences team at the school. The successful candidate will not only be forward-thinking but ambitious for our students.
We are looking for someone who:
• enjoys being part of a team and sharing ideas and materials
• wants to make lessons fun and engaging
• enjoys learning new skills
• sets targets for improvement for individual students and as a subject area
• uses management information to assess target goals and progress
The successful candidate will be
• able to teach Psychology and Sociology at KS5 and have the ambition to widen provision into KS4
• interested in a teaching vocational curriculum
• enthusiastic and well organised
• be able to motivate and inspire students
• committed to working in a team
• have a commitment to their own personal development
• QTS qualified
Moulton School is a successful, popular and over-subscribed school on the northern boundary of Northampton. The school was graded Good in its last two Ofsted inspections, and there is a strong commitment to further improvement based on effective teaching and learning and high expectations of students. Whilst maintaining firm discipline, built around our ASPIRE ethos and school values, the school is deeply committed to supporting the development of the whole child and is one of very few schools to hold the Restorative Services Quality Mark. Our student leadership programme is also a significant strength of the school. As a member of staff at Moulton School, your on-going professional development is of crucial importance, and the school has an outstanding record of supporting colleagues into middle and senior leadership roles.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to show this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure & Barring Service, the costs of which will be met by the school. Please note that referees will be contacted prior to interview in accordance with accepted Child Protection Procedures.
Further details are available from the school website www.moultonschool.co.uk and application should be made via the link to the TES online application form
Closing date: Friday 10 July 2020
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: