Job Title – BA4 – Financial Crime Exits Business Analyst
Location - Glasgow
The Financial Crime Exits Management team coordinates the complex exits of customers and entities where Barclays is exposed to Financial Crime risk across multiple Business Units. This demands a close and highly productive relationship with the Business Units for whom we carry out this service. The collation of supporting data, generation of MI, and preparation of decks is fundamental to the smooth operation of the Exits process across the Group.
You will assist the Fincrime Exits Management Team leader in the execution of duties in support of the Financial Crime Exits process. This includes approving and updating watchlist entries and managing various FCEMT-related MI, through collation, analysis and distribution to the FCEMT as well as FINCREF members in the form of bespoke reports. When required you will also participate in ad-hoc projects working to timeframes set.
What will you be doing?
- Collate, analyse distribute FINCREF MI; will need a preparedness to adapt to future requirements. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of multiple software systems and a detailed working knowledge of Excel to merge and filter large quantities of data for ease of use.
- Support FCEMT colleagues with all matters pertaining to MI. The role holder will be required to assess and identify areas of focus so as to advise FCEMT Management and others of potential issues arising. Strong communication skills are required to influence peers and management of the impact to adhere to findings
- Oversee BU data entries to the watchlist giving final approval, ensuring that entries meet data quality standards and contain sufficient supporting information to enable other BUs to quickly conduct pre-exit investigations. In addition maintain the database of supporting data that correlates to the open FINCREF case management log.
- Ensure the data and trackers are kept up to date, liaising with BU Level FC Exit Coordinators to ensure timely completion of tasks and feedback where required. The role holder be responsible along with Secretariat for the scheduling of all FINCREF meetings with a view to ensuring timely presentation of relevant papers at the forum. Strong analytical skills will be required to align multiple BU’s requirements to evidence adherence to the “One Bank” approach. Again, strong communication skills will be required to engage multiple stakeholders to cause other and indeed self to present matters to forum, competing against their multiple agendas.
- Use daily reporting streams to identify all FC Exits nearing breach dates and escalate to forum ensuring Secretariat are sighted on exposure to the same. A comprehensive knowledge of the data is required to make use of large data sets to identify matters of concern and escalate to teams external to FINCREF for action.
- Support Management in the preparation and maintenance of Terms of Reference, Scorecards and other self-evaluating MI on behalf of FCEMT.
- Prepare Weekly Report for Manager to present at Senior Management Meetings. Support FCEMT/FINCREF design improvements and process structuring such that the team operates efficiently. The role holder will be required to create, maintain and supply and weekly report that the line manager can use to escalate matters of concern to senior management. Continuous engagement with peers and management throughout the week will be required in order that issues are mitigated as they arise.
- Support work with change programmes to enable improvements such as testing processes and running pilots. The role holder will be expected to be proactive and supportive of new ways in which FCEMT can and should function. It is expected that improvements will be sought in all areas to optimise performance.
- Preparation of forum document packs. The role holder will be required to collate all papers ready for forum, and circulate same to forum members adhering to SLAs.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to be able to make recommendations on improvements to reporting and data gathering
- Ability to successfully manage several high priority tasks simultaneously
- Strong Excel and document management skills
- Able to work independently or own initiative
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent Stakeholder manager skills
- Highly Organised
- Strong attention to detail and accurate reporting
- Able to engage confidently with internal and external stakeholders, including at senior level
Where will you be working?
Barclays Scotland is a real Scottish success story. We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. Glasgow is a recognised strategic hub within Barclays globally, and admired as a shining light in Scottish business. Due to the scale of work we do here, there are countless opportunities for our colleagues to develop and progress. We’re a place where talented people can build a satisfying and diverse career, within a community of talented and passionate people.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.