Base Location: Perth (must be Perth based 2-3 days per week, with flexibility to work from home / another SSE office the remainder of the week)
Salary: £44,800 - £67,200 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time (37 hours per week) | Opportunity to discuss Flexible Working. Due to the timings of the energy markets you will be required to work earlier starts to ensure data and tools are prepared for the operations and trading teams.
About the Department
EPM & Investments aim is to create value-adding energy trading services for all stakeholders and external customers by providing superior returns and diversity of fuel supply through financial gas investments that are aligned to SSE's risk strategy. EPM & Investments also offers insight to support the SSE PLC portfolio, while supporting financial investment with well-managed exploration activity.
What is the Role?
We are looking to recruit a talented individual as a Senior Energy Trading Analyst with a genuine interest in developing a career with one of the UK's leading energy companies.
In this role, your primary focus will be to help ensure our energy portfolio is economically managed and is competitive in the market place by supporting the decision-making process of the trading team. To do this, you'll build and operate complex analytical tools and numerical models to articulate complex trading proposals which will require advanced programming skills and database operation.
Depending on your skills and experience, your role could give you the opportunity and responsibility to trade financial and physical energy products in the GB energy markets.
Some of your main accountabilities will include:
- Analysis of key market fundamentals and internal processes to optimise decision making across the desk.
- Operate and maintain trade support and market models to the highest standards to ensure traders and senior managers have timely access to information to enhance decision making.
- Build new tools for trading and market analysis and improve existing ones as and when the need arises
- Optimise hedging orders from SSE's businesses to maximise profit & minimise losses.
- Provide desk cover across all products.
- Market and counterparty intelligence reporting, including supply chain analysis and report on competitor and customer commercial strategies.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, we are looking for you to have the following:
- A successful track record in a trading environment related capacity along with and demonstrable knowledge of industry players, industry structure and commercial mechanisms and drivers.
- Preferably educated to degree level, in a numerical discipline such as, but not limited to, Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Economics.
- Strong numeracy and communication skills with the ability to use MS Office suite of products. Programming knowledge is essential in VBA and Databases. Knowledge of Python and other programming languages would be beneficial.
- Energy and drive to succeed, with proven examples of overcoming challenges to deliver success.
- Personable and highly communicative at all levels.
- Ability to operate in a highly pressurised environment with a clear focus, working to tight deadlines.
- Motivated, self-starter with the capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly organised and analytical.
- Diligent, responsible and reliable with a close attention to detail.
- Fundamental respect for internal and external governance.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to see what else is on offer?
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch via Well let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Mercury Hampton Ltd
£40000 - £60000/annum + Bonus + Package
more details »