Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Our Modern Banking Platform (MBP) and PaaS (Payments as a Service) teams have been established to deliver the next generation of banking and payment products to our clients across Europe. The teams will work closely with our clients to ensure a smooth onboarding and transition of their banking and payment services to our new platforms.
What you will be doing:
Working within our PaaS Platform Delivery team, you will be at the heart of the delivery of our varied and progressive product backlog. We need individuals who can think on their feet, roll their sleeves up and dive into detail whilst working as part of a forward-looking team focussed on the delivery of best in class solutions through timely and appropriate use of technology. We are a growing programme and opportunities to progress will be plentiful for those showing the required drive, accountability and quality output required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or documents exceptions as appropriate.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Assigns and monitors work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
- May include customizing base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of software development preferred but not mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required.
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and thecorrect project application
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry, e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
- Knowledge of financial services industry.
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MSProject and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.