What's involved with this role: Enhanced DBS disclosure required SWE/HCPC registered A Practice Manager is required for the busy 'Care Experience Young People' with experience of CIC and Leaving Care.
To deputise as required, supervise staff as delegated by the Team Manager and to ensure the continuity of delivery of service by the team To work with complex cases appropriate the area of specialism, as determined by the Team Manager, and to be a resource to other members of team. To work within the policies, procedures and standards required by Children’s Services, as relevant to the service group in which the postholder works. To support the Team Manager with the allocation of cases, to monitor and review work progress and standards, to ensure that Children’s Services obligations are properly met in terms of service delivery, service accountability and performance standards. To provide expert advice, support, supervision and professional guidance to team members, including the promotion of performance management. To contribute to service development and improvement. Senior Practitioners may be required to transfer between teams in order to meet service development needs. Details:
- To support the Team Manager in the co-ordination of the work within the team. Development of systems within the team that will promote evidence based good practice.
- To provide advice and support to colleagues within Children’s Services regarding the specialist aspects of work with clients and carers within the postholder’s service group, and to supervise staff as delegated by the Team Manager.
- To take responsibility for promoting, developing and supporting diversity within the team.
- To maintain essential records in accordance with the policies of Children’s Services, and to make available statistical information and records as required.
- To undertake such statutory duties as are required for the work for the service group, or to cover local office duties.
- To be accountable to the Team Manager for the quality of the team’s work undertaken, against agreed performance standards and to advise the team manager of any concerns, which may affect the standard of performance required.
- To chair meetings as delegated by the Team Manager and to chair various forums and meetings as required by Senior Management.
- To keep the Team Manager informed of all issues related to clients and carers needs that have implications for service development and service standards.
- To carry out team duties as required, particularly in the absence of colleagues.
- To undertake joint work with colleagues within Children’s Services, and with colleagues for the other agencies as relevant to the effective delivery of services to clients and carers.
- To use computer systems for the purpose of maintaining records as required within the service group.
- To be responsible for attending training courses and taking advantage of staff development opportunities in order to improve knowledge and skills for the benefit of service delivery.
- To contribute to the delivery of training to staff, carers or clients, as agreed by the Team Manager, and in the context of Children’s Services training requirements, and undertake, or be willing to undertake, practice teaching for students on professional qualifying courses as required.
- To work within an agreed budget (s) as relevant to the function of the team and to undertake recording and monitoring of expenditure, as required by the Team Manager.
- To participate in the recruitment, selection, retention of staff in accordance with Children’s Services policies, procedures and standards.
- To undertaken other comparable or lesser duties as required by the Team Manager or Service Manager, on behalf of Children’s Services.
. Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- HCPC/SWE registered
- Minimum Diploma in Social Work or equivalent.
- Commitment to undertake management training.
- Proven relevant post qualifying experience of direct work in the field of Children and Families.
- Ability to deputise in the absence of the Manager.
- Supervision of staff.
- Participation in recruitment, selection and retention of staff.
- Ability to motivate staff, promote performance management and work as a member of the team.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to attend professional meetings and reviews and a commitment to improving partnership working with other agencies.
- Child Protection.
- Relevant legislation.
- Assessment Framework.
- Care Management Principles.
- Performance Management.
- Quality Assurance Systems.
- Evidence-based Practice.
- Anti-discriminatory Practice.
- Best Value Principles.
- Staff development.
- Planning and Review.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Performance Management and Quality Assurance.
- Budget Management.
- IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: SHC-Bournemouth 5137638 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.