Product Safety Engineer required with maritime or defence domain knowledge. Seasoned in Def Stan 00-56 process skills required for generating and managing hazard logs in ecassandra. Supporting the Safety and Technical authorities in the execution of tasks and collation of evidence required to justify the product safety argument and timely completion of the safety programme.
DELIVERABLES ARE: 1. Safety and Environmental Management Plans 2. Safety and Environmental Case Reports 3. Hazard Logs 4. Declaration of Design Safety reports 5. Legislation Compliance Assessments 7. Supporting artefacts for the SECR, such as Functional Failure Analysis, FTA/ETA, FMEA etc
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mitigate risks and improve overall safety performance.
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership for safety and environmental protection.
- To facilitate appropriate hazard /risk identification and analysis, and associated evaluation or management activities.
- To generate safety artefacts required to support the product safety argument.
- To support Project Design Authorities in achieving compliance with Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to the product(s).
- To develop and ensure fundamental product safety requirements are incorporated from an early design phase and maintained throughout.
- Where appropriate, to act as the Product Safety point of contact for the project team, particularly in terms of collation of evidence and deliverables required from the team to support the product safety argument.
- To provide input from a safety perspective to DDQS Design Reviews and to raise any concerns at the meeting or notify the PSM
- To attend Special Type Test Equipment (STTE) safety inspections and support the generation of STTE forms/reports in accordance with Chorus guidance and ensure these are appropriately peer reviewed.
- In depth knowledge of Product Safety Management Processes and can implement and deliver Product and System Safety Engineering activities.
- In depth understanding of Product Safety related Legislation, Regulation and Standards.
- Practiced in the use of hazard and risk identification, assessment and management techniques.
- Used to large platform safety integration and / or systems of systems safety concepts.E
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Ability to generate and manage hazard logs in ecassandra.
- Working to standards such as DEF Stan 00-056, 00-055, 00-051, IEC 61508, JSPs, and DSA02 or similar.
- Proven ability with product safety and delivery of MOD projects.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 2 SAFETY ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)