Insurance Risk & Regulatory Advisory, Senior Manager, Financial Services, London
Requisition # LON00I7T
Post Date Jun 09, 2020
EY's Financial Services practice is a unique industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, insurance and energy trading companies.
EY UK's Insurance Risk & Regulation Team combined with the EY UK Actuarial Team is the largest in EMEIA and have a market leading position in Risk Management services, working across the insurance market on a broad range of engagements with a diverse portfolio of clients.
The Insurance Risk & Regulation Team focusses on delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though enhancing business decisions based on improved and effective risk management.
As Risk Management as a discipline matures, there is an opportunity for us to support our Insurance clients in managing change (regulatory, business model, disruption) whilst also evolving their own Risk Management practices.
Our objective is to be market leading in supporting the delivery of the CRO's agenda. Accordingly, the Insurance Risk Team look to offer both breadth and depth in all Risk Management initiatives; ranging from providing advice on a specific element of the Risk Management Framework in more detail through to delivering a full Risk Transformation programme for the client, collaborating with multiple EY Teams.
As a Senior Manager within the Insurance Risk Team, typical engagements you can expect to be involved in include designing or reviewing:
- RiskManagement Frameworks
- RiskMI & Reporting
- RiskManagement Culture
- ORSAand SST
- Approachto Climate change
- Riskand Control in Line 1
The successful candidate will beexpected to :
- Playa significant role in the delivery of our engagements to Insurance clientsthrough the articulation of EY findings, conclusions and recommendations inwriting or verbally
- Takeresponsibility for engagement planning and management on a day to day basis
- Actas day to day lead on client site, managing teams where required
- Identifyadditional opportunities for EY to perform advisory services to their clients
- Ownthe analysis of emerging issues, the articulation of an EY point of view andthe development of an EY proposition on agreed topics
- Whereneeded, lead the proposals process for new client opportunities
- Developclient relationships and utilise your network to identify opportunities for EYto perform additional services
- Workeffectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support andupdating senior members on progress
- Mentorstaff and conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedbackfor staff
We are looking for individuals who have a proactive attitude and are seeking the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Skills and attributes for success *:
- Knowledgeand experience of Risk Management Frameworks in Insurance
- Businessconsulting experience, with excellent client liaison and communication skillsas well as commercial awareness
- Abilityto develop new business opportunities for Insurance Risk to deliver
- Strongproject management experience ideally relating to risk projects in insurancebusinesses
- Abilityto work in a client facing and consulting role, with the ability to buildnetworks and relationships
- Therewill be opportunity to travel in this role and to work across borders, ifsought by the candidate
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Typically,8+ years' experience of working within a General and/or Specialty Insurer'sRisk TeamOR8+ years' experience of delivering Risk services foranother Advisory firm
- Strongacademic background at least a 2:1 within a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)in a business, actuarial or finance related degree
- Experienceof managing and developing people through effectively supervising, coaching,and mentoring will be required.
- Upto date knowledge of the regulatory environment impacting Insurers
Ideally you'll also have:
- Strongwritten and verbal communication skills for report writing and client presentations
- Abilityto prioritise and challenge
Whatworking at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support,coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunitiesto develop new skills and progress your career
- Thefreedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Ifyou can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, pleasecontact us as soon as possible.
Joinus in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed tobeing an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible workingarrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enablingus to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your careerwithout sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facingprofessionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based atclient sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve alifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information youprovide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate yourcandidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!