The Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering (RME) Technician will have a significant impact on customer experience. The Senior RME Technician will have the ability to lead other Engineering Technicians, design solutions for challenging problems, able to manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet tough time lines. The Senior Technician will develop plans on how to accomplish engineering departmental goals.
The Senior RME Technician will be responsible for the leadership/development and coaching of the team. Performance Management will be carried out by the Senior RME Technician. This role also leads the technical team in providing both a reactive and pro-active maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the Fulfilment Centre (FC). The role has a direct impact on the site, its productivity and operational success. If equipment is not available or performs badly it minimizes the capacity and throughput of the site.
Responsibilities will include:
• To provide supervision and leadership to Maintenance Technicians
• To develop training plans for direct reports
• To carry out Performance Reviews
• To develop and deliver Preventive Maintenance programs
• To install, maintain, and troubleshoot all FC systems including power distribution, automated material handling equipment, conveyance, packaging machines, labelling machines, HVAC and all other operational equipment.
• Experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting any of the following: relay logic, ladder diagrams, controls components, sensors & scanners, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, sorters and encoders
• Preferably with experience working on PLC's and PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic, components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
• To act as an ambassador for safety within the team and to promote safe working across the site
• To repair and maintain Bus Systems for example profibus, asibus
• To mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
• To develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organisation
• Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
• Ability to prioritize and manage resources under high pressure