SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Multi Cloud DevNetOps team seeks an experienced network engineer with public cloud experience. The DevNetOps team supports Lines of Business (LOB) with cloud network connectivity solutions to public cloud platform resources from a global array of SAP Corporate and customer data centers.
DevNetOps Engineers will effectively collaborate with other DevOps engineers and operators to provide key cloud-centric networking services for SAP LOBs and customers. You will be working across shared service departments, lines of business, and SAP global teams to deliver high quality cloud network services to ensure SAP business goals are met.
The NetDevOps Engineer will focus on the successful analysis of complex network issues for requirements fulfillment, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for implementing strategic cloud engineering solutions.
He or She would collaborate across multiple teams spanning MultiCloud Operations and Cloud Network Delivery. The Engineer will be responsible for developing network and firewall solutions, implementing network requirements, and contributing to defining key support processes and service procedures. He or She should understand and be able to explain any technical trade-offs in solution development with colleagues or managers.
* 5 years of experience with Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* Experience in general networking with the following experience in particular: Enterprise Cloud Engineering and Operations at scale, Continuous Integration and associated technologies
* Understanding of Public Clouds (i.e. GCP, AWS, Azure, Ali-Cloud), Software Defined Networking (SDN) operations skills with a focus on automation
* Multi-vendor experience with Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and F5 virtual appliances
* Knowledge with TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP, VPN, MPLS, IPsec, SSL, DNS. Scripting skills in Python, Bash, Terraform, or other scripting languages
* Operations experience supporting Linux & Microsoft server systems on cloud platforms, database internals, storage requirements, and operations
* Should have experience in at least two of the following cloud platforms; Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Alibaba Cloud
Experience with Git, Jenkins, Confluence, JIRA, RightScale, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Knife, Splunk, VictorOps, Pingdom, New Relic, Evident.io, Gardner or Spinnaker is a very nice to have skillset on this position.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.