Relocation Assistance Offered Globally
# 84587 - North West, England, United Kingdom
This post is based at the Colgate-Palmolive Dental Health Unit, Manchester, UK. The main duties of this post involve the conduct and support of clinical studies conducted by the Dental Health Unit, a long-standing collaboration between Colgate-Palmolive and the University of Manchester.
- Lead oral health sciences research and conduct clinical trials as well as in vitro research. Assist in the design, administration, analysis and reporting of clinical trials involving novel diagnostic devices & oral care interventions.
- Develop relevant databases and perform analyses using appropriate statistical packages.
- Develop and execute clinical trial protocols
- Partner with other research groups and business functions in order to identify possible links to dental diagnostic methods and/or relevant areas for collaborative support of Colgate-Palmolive research priorities.
- Participate as a clinical examiner in clinical studies.
- Conduct studies in collaboration with the Colgate-Palmolive Technology Center in Piscataway.
- Oversee the training and supervision of clinical trial site staff.
- Contribute to the writing, drafting and reviewing of materials for peer reviewed publications
- Partner with the University of Manchester Co-Director of the Dental Health Unit to ensure that the collaborative nature of the Unit is maintained - this may involve the supervision of postgraduate students
- Participate in the preparation of study reports and manuscripts for publication
- Assist with the administration of a range of clinical trials according to local, national and Company policy
- Maintain study documentation (TMF) in compliance with relevant regulations, i.e. Good Clinical Practice.
Flexibility and Confidentiality
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential.
- Ability and willingness to travel to distant sites where clinical trials are being undertaken
- Ability and willingness to work at remote clinical sites for extended periods (weeks).
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality in dealing with research data and projects sponsored by the commercial or pharmaceutical industry.
Skills and Experience
- A recognised dental degree; this can include a qualification as a dentist, dental therapist or dental hygienist recognised in the United Kingdom or United States.
- A recognised research qualification at the level of PhD, or equivalent research experience working in an oral health field.
- Experience in developing clinical trial protocols
- Experience in the conduct of clinical studies
- Experience as a dental examiner for clinical studies and experience of using clinical indices.
- Experience in the use and/or development of imaging technologies for the detection and measurement of dental diseases
- Experience in publishing peer reviewed papers in high quality journals
- Understanding of basic oral health and clinical research challenges.
- Good communication skills, and excellent team working ability.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team and communicate in non-technical terms to non-experts.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom's of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate's global business, visit the Company's web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com . To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com . To learn more about Hill's and the Hill's Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com . To learn more about Tom's of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com .
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.