BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team–orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
We are recruiting a creative Mould Repair Technician to form part of the team responsible for the manufacture, repair and customisation of parts. Reporting to the Toolroom Manager, you will provide toolroom based support for the repair of plastic tools and equipment to achieve company and departmental goals through maximising efficiencies and minimising downtime, in order to meet the demands of a high volume environment.
This is a shift based role on a 3 on, 3 off basis with permanent hours of 0700-1900 with a generous shift allowance of 20%.
As Mould Repair Technician, you will;
- Economically utilise time and in house facilities to produce and repair moulding tool parts. Give engineering support for production.
- Utilise skills associated with cylindrical and surface precision grinding, milling, turning, polishing and laser engraving. Manufacture of jigs and fixtures to support production.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Procedures, safe working practices and the requirement for high standards of housekeeping in the toolroom and in any other areas where toolroom work is undertaken.
- Comply with all Safety Lockout and work warning systems.
- Be prepared to respond to emergencies by working overtime as required by the Tooling Engineer and/or Engineering Leader.
- Maintain spares records to facilitate replenishment and cost control.
The successful candidate will have served an apprenticeship or equivalent in a mechanical engineering capacity. You will have experience of using manual mills and lathes. You will be a creative engineer that can provide solutions to problems by repairing parts or modifying existing parts. You will have good communication skills and be IT literate.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about manufacturing and ‘advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
Primary Work Location
GBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate
GB-Con-PLY Yellow 07-19-Shift A type (United Kingdom)