At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.Job Overview
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the challenge of this role is to successfully manage the Material Plant Operations processes and improve Quality, Cost and Delivery performance. You will be required to lead and drive teams to meet and exceed performance targets in a fast paced environment; overall responsibility encompasses managing three shifts Monday to Friday with weekend and overtime shifts.
Key tasks of the job:
• Manage the behaviour and motivation of all team shift leaders through regular individual assessment and coaching.
• Efficiently use labour to maximise efficiency and match demand.
• Ensure the required output and product quality standards set are achieved and regularly report back performance.
• Develop the capability of shift managers, process technicians and machine operators.
• Actively promote improved housekeeping and safe working practices.
• Ensure that continuous improvement activities are identified and driven to completion.
• Minimum qualification degree.
• Familiarity with common manufacturing techniques of Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S, TPM or the equivalent
• Solid experience of operating in a similar role within a shift based environment
• Proven ability to manage teams
Required skill set:
• Experience in a wide variety of manufacturing processes; developed a fundamental understanding of the key requirements to lead Continuous Improvement in a broad range of manufacturing models.
• Experience of Project Management / Project Execution.
• Experience of delivering manufacturing solutions.
• The ability to communicate effectively, work within cross-functional teams, assimilate data and lead decision making.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Good understanding of software packages including Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Be familiar with the current requirements of the industrial Quality requirements. i.e ISO 9000/14000/18000
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
SWINDON, SWD, GB, SN3 5HHCity: SWINDON State: SWD Country/Region: GB Travel: Less than 10% Requisition ID: 58704 Alternative Locations: Function: Manufacturing
Job Segment: Industrial, Developer, Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Plant, Manufacturing, Technology, Management
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: