Camelot is currently going through an exciting BI transformation programme. If the opportunity to migrate from legacy BODS systems to AWS, as well as ongoing development using cloud technologies is the sort of position that you are looking for, this could be just the role for you!
Why work at Camelot?
Camelot is the home of The National Lottery. We currently turnover in excess of £7 billion per year through our retail and digital channels and we do this with a workforce of less than 1000 people - this means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
On top of this, we placed 35th in the Sunday Times Best 100 Mid Companies 2020.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- Design, develop, support and implement Visualisation and reporting solutions from our staging platform, data warehouse for small changes and large projects
- Provide out of hours support for our Business Critical data loads and systems. This will also require Level 1 to Level 3 support overnight and weekends on a rota basis.
- Support the end of day reporting cycle and key weekly Business Reports/Visualisations.
- Design, develop, support and implement ETL solutions to populate our staging platform, data warehouse and upstream applications, both for small changes and large projects
- Maintain our suite of BI and Digital CRM applications
- Design, develop and implement the physical structures of our data warehouse and application data marts, working closely with our Data architects to deliver BI best practice in design
- Support our data structures, BI, CRM and Visualisation tools on a day to day basis
- Work closely with external BI and application vendors/contractors to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and flexible for the future.
- Peer review the code and solutions of your colleagues to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Support the day to day running of our Big Data Platform and assist the Big Data team with sourcing data and small changes
What you'll bring to the table
- Hands on experience of Data modelling for Qlik Sense or a similar in-memory visualisations
- Hands on experience of Business Objects Data Services or a similar ETL tool
- Hands on experience of Business Objects Reporting or a similar reporting tool
- Experience in a BI support role, handling day to day application and ETL maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience of ETL design, development and deployment (using Business Objects Data Services) - more future focused (MapR, Telium, Talend, Stream, Spark, Hadoop ecosystems) (Lambda architecture) etc.
- Big Data analysis skills (MapR, Talend)
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS (AWS)
- Ability to design efficient, advanced analytical queries using free hand SQL and reporting and querying tools such as Business Objects or SAS (strong SQL & BusObj)
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of database design principles and effective, efficient data structures
- A desire to learn and update your skills to keep pace with new technology
- Ability to understand and map complex business processes
- Ability to translate Business requirements & specifications into technical solutions and work constructively with Stakeholders at all levels of the business (padding)
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of annual leave and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. We’ll give you all of the kit and tools needed to succeed.