Herts Good Care is a non-profit company, supporting adult social care
providers across Hertfordshire to fill their permanent positions. We
are currently working with over 500 different care companies who are
currently hiring for Care Assistants and Support Workers at this time.
We need people like you to care and support vulnerable people in your community.
Job Title:Care Assistant
Company Name:Providence Court - Quantum Care
Available shift times:Days , Nights , Evenings , Weekends
Type of Provider:Care Home (Residential)
Supporting individuals with:Dementia , Older Adults
Salary:£9 - £10.30 Per Hour
Hours of Work:Various Hours Available
Contract Type:Full Time Contract
Part Time Contract
The professional and friendly team offer both residential and
specialist dementia care, as well as the opportunity for a short
break, all within a comfortable and homely environment.
Why should I apply for this job?
- Starting salary £9 per hour rising to £10.30 when fully qualified
- Weekend and Bank Holiday salary enhancements
- Excellent in-house training and development programmes
- 28 days holiday rising to 32 days (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Sick pay and pension scheme (employers contribution up to 5%)
- Childcare vouchers
- Benefits programme which offers discounts on cinema tickets,
holiday packages and retail discounts
- Employee assistance helpline providing confidential telephone
counselling to help you balance your work, family and personal life
What does this job involve?
- To contribute to the creation of a pleasant environment by
undertaking a variety of care and housekeeping duties whilst
promoting the dignity, privacy and encouragement of independence of residents
- To provide quality care by attending to residents’ physical and
personal needs including washing, dressing, bathing, toileting,
feeding and any other personal needs
- To encourage contacts with friends and family, activities in the
community and personal shopping
- To help with basic housekeeping duties such as making beds, care
of linen/laundry and clothing and tidying residents’ rooms in order
to maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Home.
- To participate in staff meetings, training and development and
- To contribute to the preparation and review of individual
resident’s care plans
- To assist with the distribution of medication in accordance with
the standard procedures and under the general supervision of the
Care Team Manager
- Shifts are usually day based or night based (unless cover is necessary)
Am I the right person for this job?
- Passion to care for older people
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work as a team member and prioritise tasks
- Good communication skills
- Ability to relate positively to residents, families, team members
- Good listening skills and ability to give accurate verbal reports
to team members
- A respectful and positive attitude
- Very flexible approach to working hours and ability to work
weekends and unsocial hours
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- A willingness to study for NVQ in care and follow a mandatory
- Committed to own professional development
- Neat and tidy
- Over 18 years of age
If you are interested in this position please apply today and we will
call you within the next couple of days.