Opportunities are available for experienced Senior Care Assistants to join an established, friendly, purpose built Residential Home located in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. Flexible full and part time positions are available, and we welcome interest from Senior Care Assistants who are willing to work both days and nights, or permanent nights. Successful candidates will earn £9.00 to £9.40 per hour, dependant on experience.
Our Residential Home provides a happy and homely environment for all 23 residents. It is an established family run venture, and strives to deliver high quality, person centred care within modern surroundings. The home specialises in encouraging and supporting each resident to remain as independent as possible, within a safe and caring environment. The home is located within a pleasant residential setting, with excellent transport links by bus and train.
· As a Senior Care Assistant and role model to less experienced staff, you will consistently deliver a high standard of care to all our residents at all times.
· You will provide clear leadership on a shift by shift basis, ensuring all resident care and tasks are appropriately allocated and delivered to a high standard.
· Support or assist residents to maintain all activities of daily living, and ensure that their personal care, physical and emotional needs are met with dignity.
· Ensure that all residents care is person centred and assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated to a consistently high standard, and evidenced by clear and accurate daily records.
· Support residents to self-administer medication, or administer medication effectively and safely in accordance with Homecroft Care Group Policy.
· You will support the Activities Co-Ordinator to ensure all residents have access to meaningful individual and group activities, to enhance our residents experience and sense of wellbeing.
· Communicate professionally and warmly with residents, relatives, visiting health professionals and staff at all times.
You will possess:
· NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care is desirable. However, if you possess an NVQ Level 2 with senior care experience, and are willing to undertake an NVQ Level 3, we will support you to achieve this qualification following a successful 3 month probationary period.
· A minimum of 2 years experience in direct care, preferably within an older person setting.
· Proven experience in the supervision, allocation and co-ordination of work to less experienced Care Assistants.
· Effective organisational skills, with clear ability to prioritise care, and work under your own initiative.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
· A caring and compassionate disposition
· A competitive salary of £9.00 to £9.40 per hour dependant on experience
· 28 days annual leave per year (including all bank holidays)
· Support for Care Assistants with NVQ Level 2 to undertake NVQ Level 3 dependant on experience
· A comprehensive Induction Programme
· Genuine training and development opportunities which include: NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning, Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness, Medication Training, Mental Capacity Training and additional courses to extend current knowledge base
· Flexible shift pattern
· Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
· Generous paid breaks and refreshments whilst on duty, including free meals if working a long day
· Free DBS and flu vaccination
· Staff uniform and a pleasant working environment
If you are interested in the Senior Care Assistant position, and would like to join an established friendly team, then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the position. Informal visits are welcome.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Homestead Care Home
£9.00 - £9.20 per hour Wage is from£9 dependent upon…
more details »
Homecroft Residential Home
£9.00 - £9.40 per hour
more details »