What's involved with this role: An Enhanced DBS is required for this role. Please give details if you have one already in place. Taking out an Enhanced DBS check is likely to be required as a precondition to starting the assignment. Your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
A Senior Social Worker - Children's Services is required to provide outstanding services to children in need or at risk of harm and their families living in the local area, to bring about life long change and improved outcomes. You will ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation. Duties to include:
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- To deliver high quality social work practice and utilise specialist knowledge to carry out in depth family assessment of social need and risk to children. To hold a caseload of the most complex cases. To lead child centred assessments using professional curiosity, which involve key family members, professionals and consider each child’s identity, experiences, and social circumstances.
- To lead and develop child centred plans with children, their families and key professionals which will manage the identified risks and meet the child’s needs. To review the effectiveness of each plan in a timely way to ensure that interventions bring about positive long term change for children and their families.
- To build effective relationships with children and their families which form the bedrock of all support and child protection responses, securing the best outcomes for children and young people. To strengthen the relationships between children, young people and families wherever possible and appropriate.
- To lead in complex situations and provide professional support to staff through guidance, co-working, mentoring, and modelling outstanding practice. To champion, promote and share the highest professional standards, providing social work professional consultation to Children’s Services teams and other agencies.
- To maintain personal and professional credibility through effective working relationships with peers, managers and leaders both within and outside of the profession and organisation. To lead practice development within the team to improve and maintain professional standards
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Enhanced DBS Required: Your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service
- Honours Degree or Diploma in Social Work or CQSW
- Registration as a Social Worker with the HCPC
- Completion of all post qualifying professional requirements including the ASYE
- **Please provide details of all qualifications held, especially any professional qualifications relating to the role
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Children Act 1989, 2004 and other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of current policy and practice including electronic case management systems.
- Familiarity with childcare, child protection procedures, resources, current Department of Health Guidance and Quality Protects.
- Knowledge of child development and attachment theory and understanding of the impact of parental problems and the short and long term impacts of abuse and neglect on children.
- Demonstrable expertise in assessments, including core assessments.
- Knowledge of the role played by adult services and other agencies in relation to the overall provision of service to children and families
- A minimum of two years’ post qualifying experience in child care social work, including substantial experience in childcare work and training relevant to this post.
- Experience of direct working with children and families.
- Experience of evaluating, monitoring and developing the quality of child care practice
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: Norfolk SHC-8341511633730 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.