(The initial hourly rate will be £9.30 increasing to £9.45 upon passing probation)
St Anne’s Community Services is a leading charity and provider of care and support services throughout Yorkshire and the North East. With a reputation for high quality, person-centred services, we believe in helping the people we support to get the best outcomes. We currently enjoy a rating of 'Good' 95% of our CQC registered services with all of our services being highly valued by commissioners
We are looking for Support Workers who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for our clients. You will be based at our service in Ingleton and support our clients with various learning disabilities.
Your role will be varied and will include supporting clients to be as independent and empowered as possible to access activities and community resources and achieve their identified outcomes. There are some clients who require support with aspects of personal care, and you will also undertake some domestic tasks and complete written records.
Experience is not always essential, if you have the right values for our organisation, you will be supported by a programme of continuous training and development.
Due to the nature of the role, applicants must have a full valid driving licence.
At St. Anne’s, we want to reward our employees for the hard work they do so we have a great benefits package including:
- Competitive rate of pay
- 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme - including free counselling sessions and support
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer A Friend recruitment initiative
- Comprehensive Personal Development Plan with continuous opportunities for career development including management and leadership training
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Rising annual leave after each year of service to a maximum of 33 days (including statutory holidays)
- Discounted personal mobile phone plan
- Discounted income protection scheme
- Free car parking at most services
- Flexible working opportunities (where applicable) upon successful completion of probation period
- Free Life Assurance Cover
To have an informal discussion about the vacancy, please contact Sean Martin on 01524 241745.
To apply, please visit our website www.st-annes.org.uk to submit your application online, or alternatively email your CV to and include the reference Ref: LDS/1082 in the email subject.
We want people from underrepresented groups such as disabled, Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBT+) communities to succeed at St Anne’s and our policies and procedures ensure that this can happen. Read more about our approach to diversity and inclusion here
St Anne's is a Disability Confident employer. We are actively working to recruit and retain people with disabilities and long term health conditions in to our work force. If you are an applicant who has a disability, you will be offered an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.