Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Contractors Responsible Engineer to join our Rail team to work at the Treforest Industrial Estate, PONTYPRIDD.
- Overall accountability for the day-to-day management, co-ordination and technical assurance of all engineering activities within a singular specific engineering discipline for the contract
- To manage efficient deployment of Engineers providing controlled direction, support and mentorship to ensure all site engineering activities are safely delivered to high accuracy, quality and technically assured. To provide regular status reporting, problem solving and management in collaboration with the CEM
What you'll be doing
As Contractors Responsible Engineer you will:
- Shall confirm that the discipline design and / or construction complies with all applicable standards, legislation, contract requirements and specifications
- Shall manage the interface between design, construction and testing activities, whether it is a single appointment or multiple appointments for the single discipline
- Shall participate in the Interdisciplinary Design Check meetings (IDCs) with other all other discipline CREs to confirm that their design and the construction interfaces correctly with all other designs and construction activities and is safe to construct
- Shall implement a process that confirms the competence and availability of resource to be employed on the project by the organisation eg; site managers, site engineers / technicians, construction staff / managers, checkers and approvers
- Implement and effective risk evaluation, assessment and briefing process
- Define, manage and measure all site engineering and the Technical Assurance implementation including management of inspection and test plans and all supporting inspection documentation
- Not allow unapproved or prohibited products, materials, equipment etc to be used
- Manage and deploy all technical staff and engineers to deliver their duties
- Control the provision of sufficient calibrated setting out and surveying equipment
- Control and maintenance of As Built red line drawings
- Control of raising Technical Queries and manging responses to meet programme
- Must manage all technical change and obtain approval before implementation
- Ensure compliance to Balfour Beatty Design Management and Operational engineering standards
- Be accountable for the approval of all Task Briefing Sheets. or delegated (in writing) to an approved competent person
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Collaborative and influential leadership skills
- Good resource management and priority decision maker
- High customer focus and passionate right first time approach
- Undertakes performance improvement action where required
- MICE CEng (preferred)
- Min HNC / HND Civil Engineering
- Relevant experience in similar role
- Robust knowledge of site engineering practices and equipment
- Excellent managerial skills
- Good programme commercial and personable acumen
- IT proficient
- Process control orientated
- Approachable and diplomatic
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.