Ogilvy Health Medical Education
Ogilvy Health – one of the largest global networks in healthcare communications – provides strategic, integrated communication solutions for our clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and medical device industries. In the UK, we operate under the name Ogilvy Health UK and comprise over 170 healthcare communication specialists across medical education, medical communications, advertising, digital, public relations, and market access.
In medical education, our approach is founded on expertise that combines biomedical science, learning theory and behaviour change to create impactful medical and professional education. We’re ‘Scientifically Grounded, Creatively Driven’.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and supportive working environment, highly creative and committed colleagues, and a culture that openly encourages new and creative thinking from employees at all levels
- The opportunity to work across multiple disciplines in addition to medical education, including promotional, digital, and market access
- Unrivalled opportunities for training and personal and professional development due to the depth and variety of expertise within Ogilvy Health and the wider WPP network
The Scientific Director is a senior manager, with input into the performance, training, review, workflow and growth of Scientific Services. The role will suit an experienced medical writer with lots of writing experience who is looking for a move into a more senior role overseeing an editorial department
What we need from a Scientific Director
- 60-70% of role will be a lead writer on a number of key accounts, providing strategic client counsel, reviewing work, ensure scientific accuracy and excellence and mentoring junior writers, etc
- 30-40% of role will be editorial department lead – managing editorial resources, identifying resource for new accounts, line management, evolving the editorial department, ensuring overall quality of outputs, training and development, contribution to the management team and shaping the company direction
- Contribute significantly to business development in terms of organic growth on their accounts, new business lead generation and the development and delivery of new business presentations, RFIs and RFPs for the medical education division or other affiliates.
- Building and consolidating key client and opinion leader relationships will be central to this role.
- Assist in defining the vision and growth for the medical education group, refining efficient processes and procedures, and maintaining and increasing the fiscal health of the division.
- Is expected to have significant expertise within an area of specialism (such as blended learning)
- Life Sciences / medical degree is required; further education to MD or PhD level is desirable
- 5 years medical writing experience in a med comms agency i.e. reached at least Senior or Principal Writer level or equivalent
- Editorial resource management
- Experience in line management
- Lead writer skills: bredth of therapy area experience, strategic client counsel