Title: Database Administrator
Databases involved: Oracle, MS SQL, Oracle Exadata, Actian, Ingres, Vector
- Team Management
- Processes and SLA awareness
- Database Performance Tuning
- Database Security
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Presenting Technical Information
- Quality Focus
- Database Management
- Data Maintenance
- Operating Systems
- Attention to Detail
- Information Security Policies.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
- Knowledge in a scripting language like Powershell, VBScript, WSH.
- Team management.
- SLA awareness & Processes adherence (ITIL).
- Reporting & Documentation (ITIL).
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc).
- Proactive monitoring and communication.
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analysing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Consulting