The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
#There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury's Tech.
Team & Challenges:
The Digital Identity team are building a customer Identity platform that is used by millions of Sainsbury’s Group customers every day. The product is pivotal to the company digital customer strategy and helps to provide secure and consistent access to Sainsbury’s Group digital products.
Challenges we are excited about:
· Building a highly scalable and resilient solution using the latest Cloud technologies
· Using automation techniques to deliver change frequently, quickly and without interruption
· Helping to create a world class Digital shopping experience for our customers
Docker, AWS ECS, AWS EC2, AWS DynamoDB, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Python, Apache Kafka, ELK stack & New Relic. We integrate and build with Jenkins. We keep track of everything using Git, Jira & Confluence. We have a microservices mindset. You don’t need experience with everything in this list!
About the role:
You will work closely with Cloud Engineers and Product owners across our most high traffic platforms and be part of a team that is responsible for mastering our customers credentials and authentication. You will design and build large scale distributed systems and act as an authority within the engineering community. You will champion engineering best practices and help maintain a high standard of quality.
What we’re looking for:
· Deep understanding of the AWS platform
· Expertise with Terraform and orchestration tools like Ansible
· Experience in one or more programming languages
· Developing high quality software through automated unit & integration testing
· Understanding of scaling and high availability
· Pragmatic & able to promote positive change in technology and processes
· Information security
· Experience with continuous delivery
· NoSQL backends, particularly DynamoDB.
· Containerised build and deploy using Docker & ECS
· Advanced deployment patterns e.g. blue/green deployment#LI-JM1 #DTD Primary Location : GB-London Work Locations : Holborn Store Support Centre Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd 33 Holborn London EC1N 2HT Job : Digital and Technology Schedule : Full-time Advertised Salary: Competitive with benefits
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: