The Cloisters is a 25 bedded hospital (currently being extended to 34 beds) set within a peaceful environment on the edge of Newbury. Working in partnership with NHS Trusts, the unit offers inpatient individualised treatment and rehabilitation to patients who have mental health problems and require support to increase their recovery and independence with a view to enabling them to leave the hospital and live in varying levels of supported living accommodation.
We are currently looking to recruit an Reception/Administrative Assistant for 6 months maternity leave cover to work 37.5 hours per week.
The successful candidate will deliver efficient and high quality front of house reception service within the hospital, meeting and greeting visitors and answering phones. They will also assist the hospitals administrators with their various tasks. The role holder will also be required to provide professional, effective administrative and secretarial support within the hospital.
Key duties include:
• Greeting and assisting all arrivals promptly and ensuring that they are treated in a courteous, pleasant and efficient manner.
• Ensuring that all telephone calls into main reception are dealt with promptly and efficiently within Priory operational standards.
• Carrying out administrative tasks as required.
• Ensuring the appropriate visitors passes are issued, as well as directing the visitor to the appropriate areas or individuals within the unit.
• Responsible for the financial administration of the unit’s Client Fund Account, petty cash float and safety deposit facility through the effective and efficient application of local procedures and processes, which comply with Corporate policy and statutory regulations.
• Handling external and internal enquiries; recognising the level of importance of particular enquiries or issues and applying appropriate prioritisation; passing on for appropriate action to ensure the highest level of service.
• Ensuring all information and documentation is correctly processed in line with policies and procedures.
• Assisting in updating staff and patients records and systems; ensuring accuracy of data input and ensuring effective operation of all delegated administrative processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will be reliable, trustworthy and have a professional attitude.
This is a full time 6 months fixed term post.
Interviews will be arranged as applications are received (depending on the candidates' availability) and we reserve the right to close the advert as soon as an offer is made.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having difficulties applying through our online portal.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information can be obtained from www.dbs.gov.uk
Benefits of working for us include the equivalent of 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and birthday leave, contributory pension scheme, comprehensive induction programme and computerised training programme, childcare vouchers, on-going access to supervision and access to occupational health services. We have an excellent team and offer a very good working environment with an ever evolving service where ideas and innovation are welcome and are integral to the development of the service.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: