Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of €64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Description of the job :
We're looking for a Software Front End Developer to join Airbus Defence and Space in Portsmouth. You will join our Network Management Systems group and will report to the Development Manager.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Develop code within an agile environment (scrum)
- Working with the team to design, implement and test features for a new product development.
- Task estimation following sprint planning.
- Delivering quality code for a new product development using an agile methodology.
Your role will involve some travel for business so you will be required travel accordingly.
Required skills :
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- User Experience concepts (e.g. intuiative, efficient)
- Single Page Applications
- Responsive web design to support a variety of devices
- Work with wireframes/mock-ups
- Experience of coding to RESTful interfaces
- CI/CD delivery techniques
- Issue tracking systems (such as Jira)
What we can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- An annual profit share scheme
- A growing list of company benefits
- Exciting career development opportunities across our transnational, market leading company
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Partner who contacts you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
£50000 - £60000 per annum
more details »