Key Account Manager in Sunderland
We are Buildbase
We are Buildbase, we employ approximately 2500 brilliant people and we work from around 150 branches around the UK.
What we do
What we do is really simple, we sell building materials to the trade and public. We’re a ‘roll your sleeves up’ business with a can-do attitude and we take pride in serving our local tradespeople and communities.
This is an exciting and challenging role, involved in meeting and exceeding agreed sales and gross profit targets.
You will develop existing above ground business and will instigate new business to establish strong commercial relationships which generate revenue to exceed targets. You will need a proven track record of selling to house builders, developers, contractors, and sub-contractors.
Typical Tasks & Activities
- Meet and exceed agreed sales and gross profit targets
- Operate within a defined territory, maximising sales at every opportunity
- Establish excellent working relationships with customers and the branches to ensure ongoing continuity of business
- Act as an ambassador and capitalise on the Buildbase business reputation and extensive range of high quality products
- Continually update product knowledge and share this with customers to maximise sales
- Work with the branch to identify old and lapsed customers and turn them into business opportunities
- Ensure all administration is kept up to date
- Negotiate business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Target achieved for opening of new accounts to broaden customer base
- Work with key suppliers to target potential customers
- Work flexibly with the branch covering holidays when required and help during stock take
The skills you need
- You need to have preious sales and account management experience
- You'll know building products
- You'll be good at developing relationships
- You will have great negotiation skills
- You'll work well as part of a team
What you’ll get in return
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- A company car
- The chance to join Grab – our one stop shop for all things discounts, benefits, communications and recognition
- Company bonus scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Awards where our colleagues are recognised quarterly and annually
- A generous staff discount scheme
- A range of training and development programmes to help you progress your career
We have a set of values which we strongly believe in. If they speak to you then we have something in common!
We have the know-how
We get stuck in
We stand together
We get it done
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.