My client, Southern Water, are looking for an individual, ideally experience in customer service or from a call centre background with knowledge of the water sector and water sector assets to join their team in Worthintg on a permanent staff basis.Important customer service call centre background or similar The Job
Southern Water are currently looking for a person to join our busy Network Response Team in Durrington, Worthing.
The role requires co-ordination of incidents, making efficient and effective use of field resources, whilst ensuring communication links are maintained with our reactive sewerage teams working for our service partners and to ensure that the Environment Agency are kept appraised of every Pollution incident throughout its duration and cessation.
You will be responsible for coordination and management of reported Pollution and Internal Flooding Incidents in line with their respective individual service level targets, assigning them to the appropriately skilled internal field resources for delivery of the work involved.
If successful, you will also follow each incident through to ensure that any work required to prevent repeat incidents is completed, or mitigating action is taken. The environment can be high impact, fast paced and reactive or quieter & more controlled/planned.
Ideally, you will have experience working within a busy, fluid Service Centre / Call Centre/Customer Service environment and some technical knowledge or understanding of processes employed within the Water Utility industry would be an advantage.
Key accountabilities will include but not limited to:
* Acting as a single point of contact for the recording of all Pollution Incidents to the EA
* Backlog management of outstanding pollution and flooding investigations
* Minimise travelling time by sending the most appropriately placed resource (thus reducing operating costs)
* Ensuring regular calls with Customer Case Managers, site Managers and Process Scientists to gain an understanding of the events to ensure accurate reporting within the business and with the EA
* Prioritisation and allocation of work, compiling and writing of written reports for the EA and Senior Management Team
* Accurate completion of hand over document for the Duty Manager and production of Overnight Report Templates for all Pollution and Internal Flooding incidents
* 1 in 6 weekend working and a standby rota (yet to be determined) with time off in lieu during the week.
Skills and Competencies:
* Good problem solving skills with logical approach
* Able to work to tight deadlines in a high pressure environment
* Ability to work flexibly to shift patterns
* Record decisions and information accurately
* Patience and resilience when dealing with internal customers/regulators, maintaining a calm and professional manner at all times
* Ability to work collaboratively with the team, in order to achieve targets, strong prioritisation skills, ability to extract key facts and factors on events for internal and external reporting and ability to react to changing situations ensuring processes and SLAs are maintained
* Strong communication skills, with ability to adapt approach to different situations
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: