In line with our growth plans, we are looking for a Commercial Manager to us in a newly created position within our commercial and supply chain team in Asset Operations.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Supply Chain, the successful candidate will primarily lead, manage and support the asset operations team to deliver their duties in accordance with company procedures and provide commercial and contract management support to the operational business unit to meet company goals and targets.
Day to Day:
• Develop and support the commercial team to ensure a high standard of commercial and contract management
• Management of the day to day activities of the commercial team of 3, providing leadership, direction and guidance
• Support the commercial team and wider asset operations team to obtain best value through existing contracts, optimising opportunities to maximise revenues (generation and service fees) through existing contracts, including Asset Management Agreements, O&M Agreements and OEM contracts
• Develop and maintain a transparent and auditable decision making process
• Assess and deal with commercial claims and disputes between the interests of the asset owner (under the Asset Management Agreements) and the O&M Agreements
• Be the point of guidance and initial escalation point to resolve disputes and claims.
• Ensure that best value and high performance is realised through key contracts and framework agreements
• Liaise with contract users to obtain key supplier performance feedback, develop standards and ensure supplier accountability, develop and manage supplier KPI’s
• Develop and grow relationships with internal stakeholders and key external 3rd party suppliers
• Ensure the asset operations team is commercially represented on new development and construction projects to deliver an optimised LCOE approach
• Oversee the development of commercial tenders and bids for the internalisation of O&M activities and other asset operations business opportunities, negotiate and close out new OMA service contracts
• Provide commercial support relating to the pricing and quotation of additional services through the O&M Agreements and Asset Management Agreements,
• Ensure timely & accurate invoicing and billing of additional services and fixed fees owed to EDF R
• Oversee the commercial teams contract and commercial administration of key OEM service contracts, OSA’s, O&M Agreements and framework agreements
• Initiate and manage all claims relating to operational assets to the point of closure
• Produce reports and board papers to provide commercial updates to the various boards and investors
• Provide commercial support/advice to all internal teams on commercial issues to facilitate structuring and negotiation of any agreements.
• Liaising with the procurement team, develop procurement and supply chain strategies to manage the performance and risk of key tiered suppliers
As Commercial Manager you will be able to demonstrate excellent management and influencing skills combined with technical insight and advice, either from the renewables or a similar industry. You will have experience in a leadership role with an ability to work in and manage activities across a rapidly evolving and growing business.
What does being a great Commercial Manager mean at EDF RUK mean?
• Strong Leadership: You will contribute to the Asset Operations Team to drive the strategy and priorities of the whole EDF RUK. You will be able to provide clear direction to your team in an evolving landscape, with a focus on developing those within your function helping to build their skills and competencies
• Curiosity & Analytical Thinking: You’re able to gain an understanding of what the data and the key stakeholders are telling you and generate customer insights and solutions from this.
• Planning & Prioritising You have a structured plan for the required works that is achievable and communicated to stakeholders, and you keep track of progress ensure progress is shared with the business.
• Create The Right Solution: You challenge established practices and identify better ways to meet the business’ needs.
• Telling The Story: You can effectively articulate the problem and explain why you are solving it. You can provide data that supports this and are able to explain the solution that has been chosen.
• Implementation: You proactively follow through on your activities and projects to deliver a high quality outcome without loose ends.
• MCIPS or RICS qualified
• Experience of working in an operational environment, ideally with an engineering or industrial sector background
• Experience of leading a team, passionate about coaching people and developing theirskills
• Proven ability to conduct successful commercial negotiations with suppliers.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of contract management
• Strong negotiation & influencing skills
• Claims Management
• HSE knowledge and application (ideally IOSH, NEBOSH certificate)
• Business Insurance knowledge
• Relevant working knowledge of contract law and application
We’re proud to be an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being, and although these roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
We’re about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, we assess every potential employee against our four key behaviours – Integrity, Inclusion, Inspiration and Impact. We make sure that our workforce is a true reflection of our communities and customers. Their unique perspectives not only give us a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but bring fresh ideas too.
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Supply, Procurement, Engineering, Management, Operations
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£40000 - £50000/annum
Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
more details »
£30000 - £40000/annum + Bonus + Vehicle + Benefits
Tyne & Wear
more details »