Australia - Western Australia, Perth Job Summary The Role
We are seeking a passionate Technical Officer / Digital Draftsperson with strong experience using REVIT and Digital Engineering to join a high-performing diverse team within a global building engineering consultancy. You will work closely with Engineers and Revit / BIM Modellers throughout the AECOM Australia business on large scale building and infrastructure projects.
The Building Services team works predominantly within the infrastructure (rail) commercial, health, educational and government (Defence) sectors. Working as part of as team you will be responsible for delivering accurate, timely and efficient production of digital drawings, BIM deliverables and other technical outputs, that will improve the service offered to AECOM clients, while optimizing production and delivery. AECOM offers flexible working arrangements, extensive training and development throughout your career within a professional and respectful environment - with a great culture! Key Responsibilities
- Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Fire and other services drafting
- Checking and verification of documentation in digital environments
- Managing and mentoring junior designers and modellers
- Liaising with clients (internal and external) and conducting technical discussions where required
- Actively participate in and contribute to technical aspects of projects to ensure on time and on budget delivery
- Maintain, develop, and retain the highest standard of technical skill.
- Autodesk Revit is used for the majority of documentation, and a high level of proficiency is required, suitable for delivering projects within an established template/system
- Proven experience and proficiency in AutoCAD, Navisworks and BIM 360 is also required
- Comprehensive understanding of working in a design office and preparation of services engineering (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, fire and other services) design drawings
- Understanding of other disciplines gained through experience working on multidisciplinary projects
- Understanding of BIM workflows, federated models and their application to projects, and active participation in providing framework and monitoring delivery of BIM projects
- Demonstrated experience in supporting projects and meeting delivery requirements to a high standard
- Ability to independently determine and develop an approach to solutions for routine problems of moderate to high complexity and/or scope
- Contributes experience to effectively communicate technical intent to meet delivery requirements
- Ability to collaborate, establish and manage effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate at all levels
- You will have excellent presentation skills including the ability to review, check and verify work produced by others
- Established time management and organisational skills
- You must be an Australian citizen to be able to work on Defence projects.
. What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Job Category
Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD Business Line
Buildings & Places Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
Australia Position Status
Full-Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
235884BR Clearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.