The role involves contact on a physical and psychological level with patients and their families. The post holder will undertake a range of activities under the supervision of a registered nurse, senior staff having been assessed and deemed competent in the activities required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support the registered nurse in implementation of an agreed plan of care with the patient and in accordance with instructions and training received;
· Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers;
· Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team and Nursing Residential environment;
· Contribute to the legality and accuracy of the patients care plan/ and or other reports and the effectiveness of the established communication /reporting system over the full 24hrs;
· Participate in regular meetings and attend other meetings as requested;
· Undertake tasks and procedures, in which competency has been assessed and recorded specific to the care environment, including for example blood glucose monitoring;
· Participate in research activities as and when required;
· Provide support and assistance to registered staff;
· All team members are responsible for behaving in a manner that does not put themselves, patients, visitors and other team members in danger or at risk in the clinical environment;
· To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products;
· To assist in the maintenance of home cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times;
· To assist the patient to ensure they have the opportunity to meet their individual dietary requirements. Ensuring all patients receive their chosen and correct meals;
· To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the home are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner;
· To assist and support registered nurses and clerical staff in administrative duties as required;
· To escort stable patients to and from all home to departments within the hospital.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a healthcare role.
• GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths ;
• Healthcare qualification, such as BTEC or NVQ.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £8.72 to £9.00 /hour
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: