Braxfield Recruitment are a leading recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a G15 housing provider who are looking to recruit a Registered Care Home Manager on a permanent contract.
The successful candidate will not only be responsible for leading and providing an outstanding high-quality service to residents but will also be responsible for the financial and operational functions within the home.
The service offers luxury care homes and senior villages, designed to cater to the varying and individual need for all residents.
Residents benefit from a carefully selected range of facilities, including a cinema, library, hair salon, spa treatment room, gym and activity room as well as access to beautiful landscaped gardens.
Other duties as a Registered Care Home Manager will include:
- Overall responsibility of the home, managing all direct reports.
- Manage the recruitment and training of the team; ensuring training targets are met and team are competent in their roles.
- Manage rotas and ensure correct team member levels and skill mix within the home on a continual basis.
- Lead, support, empower and inspire direct reports to deliver outcomes for the home.
- Overall responsibility for the supervision, appraisal and performance management of the team, supporting them to achieve their potential.
- Lead regular communication with residents, relatives and external stakeholders.
- Manage financial budgets to ensure revenue and income targets are met.
- Ensure that the CQC regulatory standards are achieved and that all staff are trained to understand and operate at this level.
- Ensure that all Resident documentation and records are maintained to a high standard in a timely manner, and that a programme of meaningful activities is available to all residents. Implement appropriate systems to ensure compliance with requirements.
- And much more!
To be considered for the position of Registered Care Home Manager you must have the following:
- Excellent knowledge of CQC and CQC Compliance.
- A strong background of achieving a ‘good’ rating or higher in all areas of a CQC inspection.
- Previous experience managing nursing care home in excess of 50 beds.
- NVQ Level 5 Leadership and Management.
- Recruitment and staff development.
- Care, hospitality and private facing income management.
- Meeting targets related to budget, care and facilities income, occupation and arrears.
- Experience of effective budget management.
- Demonstrable understanding of the key business activities associated with leading a care home.
- Be highly organised and able to work to conflicting and challenging deadlines.
Job title: Registered Care Home Manager / General Manager
Location: Bedfordshire (MK45)
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 + annual bonus
Hours: 40 hours per week
- 28 days annual leave – Plus Bank holidays.
- Pensions – Sector leading pensions contributions
- Buying and selling annual leave - getting the right balance between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Season ticket loans.
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
- And much more!
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more info, please submit a copy of your updated CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.