You will be working for a UK's leading multi-format specialist distributor of video games who has been established over 30 years based in Witton, Birmingham as a Credit Controller. This position will initially be working from home, it is a 3-month temporary contract with a high potential to lead to permanent employment. Candidates who have worked within an Accounts position for 6 months will also be considered.
Our client is currently working reduced hours, the current hours of work are 10.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday, working 30 hours per week. Hours of work will increase once the position is based in the office, standard working hours are 8.45 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday, 8.45 am to 4.00 pm on Fridays.
As the Credit Controller, you will be:
- Chasing payment for any overdue accounts via telephone and email
- Maintaining and updating excel spreadsheets and files, preparing daily and weekly reports for customers and the management team using Pivot Tables and VLookups
- Reconciling the accounts, preparing and allocating payments received
- Balancing the cash book daily
- Setting up new customer accounts, sending customer statements and monitoring and managing customer credit limits
As the Credit Controller, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a Credit Controller or Accounts position, candidates who have worked within an Accounts position for 6 months will also be considered
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel including Pivot Tables and VLookups
- Knowledge of AS400 and/or Oracle, however, this is not essential
- You may have experience of the following: Credit Analyst, Collection Agent, Credit Risk Officer, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Reconciliation Clerk, Accounts Payable Coordinator, Payable Administrator, Finance Assistant, Accounting Clerk, Sales Ledger, Nominal Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Billing Coordinator
As the Credit Controller, your salary will be circa £18,000 to £20,000 per annum depending on experience. The hourly pay rate will be £10.50 per hour.