Company Description: Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:Intelligent – we make the right choicesInvolved – our enthusiasm creates energyInnovative – we always ask what’s nextOur business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobileOur software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.Our storyAcross the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
Job Description: ***PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS HOME BASED***ROLE OVERVIEW:Northgate Public Services (NPS) is one of the fastest growing public service businesses in the UK, and has significant overseas interests in Australia, New Zealand and Canada.We use strategy, innovation, information and technology to promote high-performing public services, management and governance in the UK.We are looking to recruit enthusiastic people to join our team, based in the UK. We would like to recruit high quality Consultants keen to learn and develop new skills and knowledge around the provision of Housing IT systems to the not for profit, social housing sector.We work together with our clients in trusted partnerships to deliver systems and services that seek to improve the skills and capabilities of employees, fully engage our clients and thereby add to public valueMAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:* Provide consultancy on NPS Housing system Implementations, specifically focusing on system configuration and build.
* Provide consultancy for existing NPS customers using our Social Housing Management Software
* Ensure all consultancy and training is delivered effectively and achieve positive customer feedback.
* Ensure customer satisfaction with the product and feedback any issues into the consultancy group and other internal groups.
* Maximise billable utilisation.
* Assist with product development, including attending user groups and creation of user guides.
* Develop customer and internal training courses and maintain solution design manuals.
* Progress and update knowledge in all aspects of Social Housing Management.
* A willingness to travel long distances & be available outside standard working hours including overnight stays in the UK. Please be aware that this role may require significant travel.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL SKILLS:* Allocations and/or Repairs business expertise using our NPS Housing system
* Previous exposure to NPS Housing products or to Housing environments from working for or with Local Authority Housing, ALMO’s or Housing Associations.
* Previous experience in a Consultancy environment.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Working knowledge of project methodologies, from a consultancy viewpoint
* Experience of working with customers and/or external agencies
* Experience of delivering training and/or seminars
* Ability to problem solve in demanding circumstances
* Ability to work on own or part of a team
* Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
DESIRABLE SKILLS:* Experience creating, configuring and implementing NPS Housing system modules.
* Working knowledge of Unix and/or SQL
Additional Information: Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:* Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
* 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days (during enrolment window).
* 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
* A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
* A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
* The role offers a competitive salary.
OTHER INFORMATIONCandidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. A Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check will be required and dependent on the role further checks may be required. Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.">