Hours of work: 37.5 per week on a rota basis between 07:00 - 20:00, (including some contractual Saturday's on a rota basis)
About our company
Our client produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services.
Every member of their team has an integral part to play in helping to produce these important, life-changing medicines for patients in hospitals or at home who are suffering with cancer, chronic illnesses or in need of pain relief.
About the role
They are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, dedicated to improving company processes, has a drive to be an expert in what they do, wants to be part of their fantastic company community and is as committed to their career training and progression as the company is. Do you have the qualities that they are looking for? If so you could join their friendly and dynamic team.
You will be responsible for (but not exclusive to):
* Participating in activities concerned with any aseptic pharmaceutical activity within their manufacturing unit, these include activities such as:
- Labelling and packaging the finished medicines
- Assisting with the assembly of ingredients
- Decontamination of ingredients and components entering the clean rooms
- Inspecting their finished products
- Checking ingredients that have been assembled ready for decontamination
* Assisting with any activities in the clean rooms * Undertaking daily cleaning and monitoring of the unit and equipment * Completing relevant documentation * Maintaining the manufacturing unit to a standard of appearance concordant with the professional nature of the work * Assisting with the maintenance and control of stock and any components * Following safe and efficient systems of work in accordance with relevant legislation, such as the Health and Safety at Work act
Your journey with the company
Our client is dedicated to progressing their staff, which is why they will invest in you, this may mean that you may be asked to attend study days and courses as are deemed necessary for the development of the team and yourself. Future development possibilities could include; Pharmaceutical Support manufacturer, Pharmaceutical Manufacturer and then onto Pharmaceutical Production Releaser and Supervisory roles.
You do not need any prior experience to join in this role, but they are looking for team members who are:
* Motivated and Reliable * Have a good work ethic * Keen to learn new skills * Very accurate with a high attention to detail * Be able to follow and adhere to strict regulatory guidelines * Be a good communicator and be able to communicate well using a variety of methods * A team player
In accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice, you will need to maintain a good level of personal hygiene to prevent any contamination in their medicines.
Their team have a very important job to do as every medicine they make goes to a sick patient.
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
* Salary of �18,973.50 per annum * 29 days holiday, i