We're building a Linux VFX studio within a mostly-Windows computer games company, and we need a systems administrator to be our domain expert for the Linux desktop, the Linux server environment, and the associated storage and infrastructure.
You'll be joining a team that manages IT across 6 sites, and includes specialists in networking, security, AD.
You'll be expected to establish a culture and process that produces robust and reliable infrastructure with excellent uptime.
You'll need to have great communication skills, to clearly explain and document technical concepts for your team mates, and to make sense of technical issues for nontechnical colleagues.
We are looking for a self-driven and experienced systems administrator who will be able to demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, and be able to resolve difficult scenarios with minimal management and oversight, in a busy development environment.
- Designing and establishing the department's processes and procedures.
- Configuration as code.
- Capacity and IO forecast planning.
- Desktop infrastructure, Linux, Windows, and HP RGS.
- Managing PXE installs, Saltstack, and building images for the cloud.
- Scripting in bash, zsh or python.
- Logging and visualization with tools like Grafana, Elstack, Graylog.
Knowledge or expose to the following would be of additional interest.
- Ticketing systems like Jira.
- VFX workflow and tools, including Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Blender, Unreal.
- Designing, deploying and maintaining ZFS NAS.
- Networking and storage for VFX.
- Cloud computing and storage for VFX.
- Exposure to version control systems such as Perforce.
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries