|Company:||NHS Health Scotland|
Senior Support Worker " (House 7) " Ref HR0068
£18,077 - £19,247 depending on experience
Sue Ryder Dee View Court in Kincorth, Aberdeen, is currently Scotland's only purpose-built specialist neurological centre providing care for people living with complex neurological conditions, including Huntington's disease, multiple sclerosis and acquired brain injuries.
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker (House 7) Supported Living. This will be 37.5 hours per week with various shifts and weekends on a rational basis.
Dee View Court has gone through some really exciting developments and has increased its 22 single bedrooms for residential care and one supported living apartment
to 36 bedrooms and seven supported living apartments, almost doubling our capacity and allowing us to care for a total of 44 people at any one time.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Support Worker to care for 2 residents in their supported accommodation.
As our Senior Support Worker you will:
• Provide personal care appropriate to individuals' needs, which includes manual handling, bathing, shaving, dressing, toileting.
• Issue/prompt tenants with medication in accordance with policies and procedures, including logging, checking and recording drugs as well as ensuring their security.
• Tenants may require support from staff with matters such as laundry and cleaning. General household cleaning duties are undertaken to provide a homely environment that also complies with Health & Safety Legislation.
• Meal planning and preparation is undertaken either with or for tenants, dependent on their need.
• To escort and support tenants in the community on various activities. This may include preparations for the service user's needs, i.e., lunch, medication, money etc
• Recording details of activities and passing on relevant information verbally to other staff.
Our supported living services enable people to live as independently as possible in homes that have been specifically adapted to their needs.
To be successful as a Senior Support Worker you will be an enthusiastic and motivated person who is committed to helping people reach their full potential whilst managing complex health conditions. Successful candidates must be flexible to cover early and late shifts, nights, weekends and public holidays on rotation.
You will have experience of caring for people in a similar environment and preferably have an SVQ level 3 or be willing to undertake this. A robust induction and full training around each residents care needs will be provided.
• **Continuation of NHS pension**
• Competitive enhanced pay for nights (30%), weekends (45%) and public holidays (60%)
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Enhanced sick pay
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Relocation allowance
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
• Season ticket loan
• Cash referral bonus scheme
• Salary sacrifice car scheme
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Staff finance loans
• Free uniform
• Carers leave policy
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities. Dee View Court is SVQ accredited.
We welcome informal visits to Dee View Court. Please call 01224 245920 to arrange a visit.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that's a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition " we're there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
Subject to satisfactory PVG membership.
Link To Apply - https://bit.ly/2WvJrO0
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: