As a representative of ISS Facility Services - Security based at our clients facility all Security Officers must be physically healthy, clean and smart in appearance, possess good presence and bearing. You will be required to communicate with the general public and/or employees of our client clearly and courteously at all times.
Working at any of our clients premises you will ensure that the clients facility is safe and secure for all members of the public/ contractors and the client at all times and will act as a first line of security response when incidents occur onsite.
As a Relief Security Officer your duties will include the following;
- Patrolling the client’s external facility, dealing promptly with any suspicious incidents which may occur onsite.
- Attend as directed to all incidents and act as a first line response in emergency situations.
- Respond to incidents for all common areas and inside the clients units when called upon for assistance.
- Escalating or reporting any incidents to the appropriate persons: Communications Centre/ Line-manager or Mobile Supervisor/ Client/ Police when absolutely necessary.
- Whilst working nights respond to any intruder alarms and assist individual units when necessary.
- Writing reports for any incidents or daily occurrences.
- Deal with any visitors to site in a polite and courteous manner.
- Logging and reporting calls from or for the client/ tenants and contractors ensuring that the required information is escalated to the relevant persons and responding to general queries.
- Monitor the site from a Health and Safety aspect, identifying, reporting any shortcomings to line-management and or client.
- Liaison with contractors to ensure that any shortcomings are rectified.
- Deal with general queries made by the customers/ general public or client as and when necessary.
- Handle and record all lost and found property onsite.
- Making Check-calls as per Assignment Instructions.
- Carry-out any reasonable request as directed by a Mobile Supervisor, the Client or ISS Facility Services - Security Management.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IDENTIFIES THE BASIC DUTIES REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE IN THEIR OCCUPATIONAL CAPACITY. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ALL DUTIES THAT MAY BE REQUIRED AND THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Skills / Competencies / Qualifications required:
- A demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing at a high standard.
- Must be able to work independently, manage changing priorities and accomplish multiple tasks efficiently.
- Must be able to deal with incidents in a calm, controlled manor, possessing good interpersonal skills, with high levels of motivation.
- Must be screened in accordance with BS7858
- Must be SIA licenced